Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2016, 12:26 AM   #1
heyaim

2016 Sprinter 353FWDEN issues

We purchased our camper in May. We are having a lot of issues with it. I'm curious if it's just our unit or if this is the norm. We've never purchased a new camper before, so this is somewhat upsetting.

The main issue is our a/c units. Both units were blowing warm air. The inside temp was warming than the outside temp. The technician at the dealership agreed to troubleshoot with us. As my husband removed the a/c cover, there was nothing sealed up on either a/c unit...we could see directly into the ceiling. We sealed everything up on both a/c units. They still do not cool the camper much. The best we can get is about a 10 degree difference... If it's 95 outside, it's 85 inside. (I keep as much sunlight out of the camper as possible by not opening blinds. We also put room darkening film on the skylight to block out sunlight.)

We have a skylight in our kitchen. The casing was pulling away from the ceiling. We removed the casing and trim...every screw was stripped out and the trim is bowed. We fixed it the best we could until we make new trim to put there.

We have many pieces of trim that has fallen off the wall. The trim above the closet sliding doors is barely attached and ready to fall off.

The first week our camper arrived, we had a leak in the ceiling. My husband had to seal 6 different placed on the roof.

The back wall on the exterior is separating. We have a bubble. I think this is delamination.

We plan to take our camper in for warranty work at the end of October. We have our camper on a permanent site with a covered deck, and use our camper almost every weekend. The owner of the campground has to use his tractor to pull the camper out and put it back in place. So until then, we have a notebook with a list of issues that need addressed.

Some of the issues are minor...for example, no caulking around the shower doors causing them to leak.

Anyway, I know there will be problems with a new camper. I expected that. I didn't expect such huge issues with quality control. Many of these issues could have been avoided if quality control inspection would have been done.

I would love to hear your experience or thoughts.
heyaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:31 PM   #2
brittsnbirds

2014 Sprinter 269FWRLS-WB

Sorry to hear you are having problems, especially with the roof. You have a very nice 5th wheel!

We bought our Sprinter new and have had only a couple issues that I fixed. Haven't had any trim fall off however some of the finish nails in the ceilng are working their way out (easy fix). Had to put bigger floor heat registers in due to the originals bending when they are stepped on. My 2 A/C's will run you out of there!

I have re-hung some cabinet doors due to the installers not having the quality standards that I do. Have found a few stripped screws and fixed them. What is sad is you have spent a significant amount of money for something that the builders don't really care about quality just quantity.

Good luck.
brittsnbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:55 AM   #3
heyaim

Thanks for your input!
Yes, I LOVE my camper/layout!

I feel a majority of the issues are piddly, easy fixes...not a big deal. Now, the separation on the rear exterior wall concerns me a great deal. The a/c is a concern also...we aren't taking it in until the end of October so we don't miss out on our camping season. (We have a permanent camp site we spend almost every weekend.) So I hope they can find the issue in cooler weather. If not, we won't find out until the weather warms back up next season. At that point, we will have our camper for over a year.

HAPPY CAMPING!
Old 08-05-2016, 01:39 PM   #4
Tom N OH

The back walls are not a laminated panel like the sides. The back wall is a free-floating sheet & will get wrinkles/bubbles, etc. It is NOT a defect. If you do a search on here for "rear wall delamination" or something similar, you will see that there have been MANY discussions on this.

2017 F350 CC LB SRW 6.7
2015 Montana HC 305RL
Tom N OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:42 AM   #5
heyaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N OH View Post
The back walls are not a laminated panel like the sides. The back wall is a free-floating sheet & will get wrinkles/bubbles, etc. It is NOT a defect. If you do a search on here for "rear wall delamination" or something similar, you will see that there have been MANY discussions on this.
Thanks for the information!
Old 08-20-2017, 11:15 AM   #6
cfensty

I'm curious whether you got your AC problem fixed. I am having the same issue with my 2016 353FWDEN. Can't get it below 80 degrees.
cfensty is offline   Reply With Quote