Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2015, 04:32 PM   #1
MotownJG

Replacing entertainment system

Greetings:

My wife and I bought our first RV, a 2009 Keystone Copper Canyon 5th wheel. So far, we love it! So much better than a stranger's hotel room and everything in it is ours and put there to our liking!

My question is: our Jensen Media Pro 5000 LCD display doesn't work anymore. It's probably original equipment, so at least 6 years old, and everywhere I look says just buy a new one.

So I'm looking for suggestions re: a replacement system. We like to play DVD's, listen to stereo CD's or local AM/FM radio stations. The TV installed has an HDMI connection so maybe something with blu-ray would take better advantage of the LCD TV? (it's currently just using audio/video in/out to the TV).

Should I just buy an updated Jensen? anybody else make RV entertainment systems? Thanks in advance for sharing the collective wisdom.

John
Modesto, CA
MotownJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:13 PM   #2
Larry1013

I have good luck with the Jensen products. I have replaced a few of the generic el cheapos they have with a more expensive unit. The good thing about it is they are pretty much plug and play, i.e., most use the same power/speaker connector to the unit.

http://www.jensenrvdirect.com/

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat CrewCab Long Bed 6.7L
2005 Keystone Outback Sydney 30FRKS
Larry1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:21 PM   #3
Pull Toy

John,

Check out the Bose 321 system. Woofer + two speakers makes for easy installation. Also has DVD/Blue Ray, 2 Aux inputs, AM/FM. Great surround sound! Expensive, but worth it!

The only modification I made was a separate "automotive type" antenna connection. It was a pain in the b*tt cranking up, and powering up the roof top just to listen to the radio.

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:54 PM   #4
Andymon

We have the same stereo in our 08 Springdale. When playing DVD's, we get sound but no picture. The unit only hookups for the plug in type wires. There is audio Left and audio Right and Video. I'm trying to also find a replacement that will fit in the same location.

08 Springdale 266RLSS
99 F250 PS 7.3 Diesel
Medford, OR
Andymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:33 PM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

On my '07 the built in 12v dc radio/stereo/dvd still works through the component connections but I use a separate 120v ac Blueray player through the HDMI connector on my flat screen. ('07 trailers were set up for tube tvs) If the built in unit goes I will try to replace it with another cheap unit of the same size that has an external AUX input for MP3.

Andymom .... Have you tried changing the input selection on the tv menu to component.(or video1 or video2 or some other name) If it is still set on cable or air you will not get video .... also be sure that the red/white/yellow plugs are not in the red/blue/green connectors of the tv. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:36 AM   #6
Andymon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
On my '07 the built in 12v dc radio/stereo/dvd still works through the component connections but I use a separate 120v ac Blueray player through the HDMI connector on my flat screen. ('07 trailers were set up for tube tvs) If the built in unit goes I will try to replace it with another cheap unit of the same size that has an external AUX input for MP3.

Andymom .... Have you tried changing the input selection on the tv menu to component.(or video1 or video2 or some other name) If it is still set on cable or air you will not get video .... also be sure that the red/white/yellow plugs are not in the red/blue/green connectors of the tv. JM2¢, Hank
Yep...tried everything. Might have to upgrade the system. Would like to be able to use HDMI cables.

08 Springdale 266RLSS
99 F250 PS 7.3 Diesel
Medford, OR
Andymon is offline   Reply With Quote