Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2014, 04:47 AM   #1
SAABDOCTOR

Vacuum breaker.

HI ALL MY VACUUM BREAK BROKE. I OWN A 2010 3750FL. WENT LOOKING FOR IT AND IT IS NOT UNDER THE SINK. THERE ARE NO PANELS IN THE BATH OR BEDROOM TO ACCESS THE WATER LINES. I DID NOT HAVE A SQUARE DRIVE WITH ME SO I DID NOT REMOVE A PANEL UNDER THE SHOWER. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO CALL KEYSTONE JUST HOPIN I DON'T HAVE TO TAKE THE CORAPLAST DOWN. THANKS
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:23 AM   #2
SAABDOCTOR

CALLED KEYSTONE HE SAID IT WAS BEHIND SOMETHING. WELL THAT NARROWS IT DOWN!
Old 05-27-2014, 06:52 AM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Barney -
If you are talking about the black tank flush vacuum breaker, ours isn't under the bathroom sink either but it is in line with the outside tank flush hose connection. As it turns out, ours is located behind a panel where the stereo/radio are located.

The breaker is usually in a direct line - or close to it - with that exterior hose connection.

So the folks at Keystone are right --- it is behind something............LOL
Old 05-27-2014, 08:03 AM   #4
SAABDOCTOR

Oh boy festus. This is gonns be fun! I do not have any panels behind the stereo but maybe it is behind the water control panel on the left side. This is my first year as a seasonal.The good lord doesn't want me to get too lazy
Old 05-27-2014, 06:10 PM   #5
hankaye

SAABDOCTOR, Howdy;

The way I found where mine was by following the drips upstream ...

Then I told Festus2 .....

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:09 AM   #6
SAABDOCTOR

THANKS ALL. IFOUND MINE BEHIND THE WATERT/ FLUSH VALVE PANEL IN THE FRONT OF THE CAMPER. NOW COMES THE PART TWO. IN THE BATHROOM SINK WHEN I RUN THE WATER IT HAS A SMELL OF BLANK TANK BUT NOT IN THE KITCHEN.THIS JUST HAPPENED ON MONDAY. THIS HAS ME STUMPED. THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF AND IT CRAZY. IS THAT I AM THE FAR END OF THE SEWER LINE AND WHEN THE MASSIVE MONDAY EXODUS AND FLUSH FROM ALL THE WEEK END CAMPERS. THE FUMES VENTED UPHILL TO THE LAST PIPE (ME) AND THE ODER BACKED UP INTO MY OPEN GREY WATER TANKS AND ISCOMING OUT OF THE P TRAP WHEN THE WATER RUNS. CRAZY BUT JUST MAYBE.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:31 AM   #7
Festus2
Site Team

Barney -
If your theory is right and the fumes are finding their way into the grey water tanks, then those same fumes should be coming from both your sinks - if you run water in both the bathroom and kitchen sink ???? Any odor coming from the shower drain? Are the fumes still coming from the bathroom sink or did they gradually disappear -- along with the campers?
Old 05-29-2014, 06:59 AM   #8
SAABDOCTOR

well it only appeared in the bathroom sink. when i get up there on friday night i will see if the smell is gone. if not i am going to run bleech through the lines again. will let you know
Old 05-29-2014, 09:51 AM   #9
bobbecky

If you keep your drain valves closed, only open them to drain when tanks are full, there is no way to get sewer gas into your plumbing system. When you have, say a gray tank valve open all the time, your rig becomes a vent for the park's entire sewer system, and when you run water in your sink, possibly have the exhaust fan on, you are sucking sewer gas right into your trailer. That is also the reason why, when servicing your black tank, (draining and adding black tank treatment), it is best to not have an exhaust fan on. We (I), drain the gray and galley tanks every day or two, and don't have sewer gas smells. You will occasionally be walking around a park and pick up sewer smells, and I can guarantee you that some one has their tank valve open, venting the park's sewer system to the campground.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:03 AM   #10
Festus2
Site Team

Bob -
Like you, I never leave the valves open and have never experienced any sewer gas smells. Depending upon the usage and length of stay, I open up the gray tank valves "when needed". I like to leave the bath/shower gray tank for as long as possible so I can use that water to help flush out the short, remaining line and hose after draining the black tank.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:41 AM   #11
SAABDOCTOR

THAT IS WHAT I NORMALLY DO. but this time i went to help the guy next door and forgot to close the valve I sure hope that is the problem. that would be the good news the bad is i left it open all week oh well open the windows and get out the fabreeze! then
Old 06-02-2014, 08:12 AM   #12
SAABDOCTOR

WELL I GOT BACK TO IT FRIDAY NIGHT WITH THE GREY VALVES OPEN RAN THE WATER NO SMELL. SO IT MUST HAVE BEEN THE MASSIVE MONDAY DUMP!. THE VALVES ARE NOW CLOSED. I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT TO CLOSE THEM
Old 09-27-2014, 06:54 PM   #13
Keywestparrothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABDOCTOR View Post
THANKS ALL. IFOUND MINE BEHIND THE WATERT/ FLUSH VALVE PANEL IN THE FRONT OF THE CAMPER. NOW COMES THE PART TWO. IN THE BATHROOM SINK WHEN I RUN THE WATER IT HAS A SMELL OF BLANK TANK BUT NOT IN THE KITCHEN.THIS JUST HAPPENED ON MONDAY. THIS HAS ME STUMPED. THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF AND IT CRAZY. IS THAT I AM THE FAR END OF THE SEWER LINE AND WHEN THE MASSIVE MONDAY EXODUS AND FLUSH FROM ALL THE WEEK END CAMPERS. THE FUMES VENTED UPHILL TO THE LAST PIPE (ME) AND THE ODER BACKED UP INTO MY OPEN GREY WATER TANKS AND ISCOMING OUT OF THE P TRAP WHEN THE WATER RUNS. CRAZY BUT JUST MAYBE.
Hello, would that be the control panel where you hook up city water supply that you found yours? So what is the black pipe/vent under the sink that smells like sewer on occasion when I open the cabinet?

2015 Ford F450 KR CC
2010 Montana 3750FL
------------------------
Previous addictions...
2008 Ford F350 6.4 KR CC
2008 CC Silverback 32LFGBS TT
2004 Coleman/Fleetwood PU
Keywestparrothead is offline   Reply With Quote