Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2014, 05:56 PM   #1
wado66

mini blinds

Ok. I have searched this site for answers to my issue and only found 1 thread on this.
My Springdale has a couple of mini blinds that need replacing. I know I can go to my local hardware store for replacement blinds.
But the factory blinds I prefer. Reason? They are held in by 2 locking mechanisms which are already mounted to the camper. I really really want to replace them with factory blinds that fit the mounting hardware.
I emailed Keystone 3 days ago and have yet to get a reply to see if they could sell me or direct me to factory blinds.
Has anyone else successfully found factory replacement blinds that will fit my existing hardware?
wado66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:30 PM   #2
440justin

Try this site.

http://www.trekwood.com/index

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2014, 06:44 PM   #3
KanTC

Hi Wado,

Keystone doesn't sell directly to the public, so you'll need to contact your dealer (if possible). Any Keystone dealer can order replacement parts, if they will do so.

You can also check here: [on edit: ooops justin, sorry for the duplicate info]
http://www.trekwood.com/replacements/29962/Springdale

There's an existing list of suppliers on the forum:
http://keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12986

Hope this helps,
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:37 PM   #4
Rick

Wado,
I'm in the same boat as you. I just got my quote from Trekwood-

Blind - Mini - 32" x 24" - Alum - White [Keystone 103455] 1 $18.87
Subtotal: $18.87
Shipping: $17.00
Total (before tax): $35.87

Their fax phone number places them in upper Indiana. I live in California.

I figured there had to be other options, and found this-
http://www.justblinds.com/
$19 plus free shipping for their 1" economy alum mini blinds!
Wasn't sure of the color differences, but found out they'll send you up to 10 color samples for free.
http://www.justblinds.com/static/reqcolors.cfm

Waiting for my samples now. Will let you how it works out.

Rick
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:22 PM   #5
Rick

Just received my color samples from JustBlinds.com today. Found that their "Almost Gloss White - 065" was an exact color match. Went to order online. Must've made a mistake in checking the price the first time, because now it's $21.00...no biggie. Got to a point in ordering where I didn't know if I should choose the inside or outside mount, so I called their customer service. The operator was helpful and said if I ordered an inside mount the physical width would be about 1/4" to 1/2" smaller than ordered. That was perfect. He did say that there was a $4.00 processing fee, whether I called and placed the order or did it online. I guess I didn't get far enough in the practice ordering the first time to see that. Still, the total with shipping is $10 cheaper than Trekwood. It should ship in about a week. I'll update once they arrive.

Rick
Old 05-16-2014, 05:29 PM   #6
Rick

UPDATE-
I received my blinds yesterday. Color was a perfect match. I had ordered the "inside mount" with a width of 32" (if you want the exact width, you might try ordering the "outside mount", but check with the operator). As the operator had said previously, they were 1/2" shorter. The length was as ordered. This was perfect because they come with the end brackets such as below-

You can see the difference in the manufacture. Keystone is on the top, JustBlinds.com on the bottom. Keystone just drilled a hole thru the mini blind metal and attached it to wall. I think the tightness of the screw and bending of the blind had to do with its failure. This is the left side of the blind.

I couldn't do (or would want to do) the same as Keystone's fancy attachment system as the mechanics of the blind are in the way. This is the right side.

I'm very pleased with these blinds. These are the same you'd get at a big box home improvement center. Shipping was free and quick. Cheaper than the original supplier. Installation was easy. When the other blinds go bad, guess who I'm ordering my new ones from?

Rick
Old 05-19-2014, 09:15 AM   #7
wado66

The solution to my problem was easier than I had thought.
The pic shows the clamping bracket that my camper has. I thought I would have to get a special blind to attach to the clamp.
The blind that is successfully locked in is from Lowe's. Worked like a charm.

wado66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:54 AM   #8
BirchyBoy

I was looking at some stuff this weekend and found what you noted, that the factory blinds are simply screwed to the wall and the walls are pinched. That particular blind doesn't go down all the way, so I'm going to look some more to see if it's because of the pinch or not.
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote