Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
Andymon

Eaz-lift question

I got my 14000 WDH. Reading the instructions, it says that when the ball is tilted to 6 degree then the bars (inserted in the hitch) should be at a 10-13 degree angle hanging down and not hooked up.. then you raise the bars and hook up the chain. How do you get the 6 degrees? Do I need to be exact? Being I've never towed with a WDH, even reading the instructions is like reading Greek.

08 Springdale 266RLSS
99 F250 PS 7.3 Diesel
Medford, OR
Andymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #2
BulletOwner1

Andymon,

Okay, here goes, your hitch consists of two main parts not counting the bars. 1. the stinger which slides into the receiver on the truck. 2. the part that the ball is attached to. On mine the stinger has a number of holes to allow for the ball to be mounted at the proper height. Between part 1 and part 2 there is places for spacers to be inserted and locked down with the square headed bolt located below the ball. Clear as mud?

With the stinger installed in the truck and the ball mounted at the correct height you would set the angle of the ball at the desired degree of angle.

If you are like me you will have to print this out and take it out and look at your hitch while you read it. I had to go outside and look at it three times while trying to explain it .

Hope I haven't confused you. Let me know if it is clear.

Richard