Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #1
JackVR1

Long term storage

Hi everyone

I am new to the forum and have a question that someone may be able to help with. I am storing my VR1 32 ft long for more than 1 year. My plan was to place jacks under the frame in four places, in front of and behind the wheel axles, lifting the tires of the ground by about 1/2 inch. Is this the best way. I could not find anything in the users manual. Thanks
JackVR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackVR1 View Post
Hi everyone

I am new to the forum and have a question that someone may be able to help with. I am storing my VR1 32 ft long for more than 1 year. My plan was to place jacks under the frame in four places, in front of and behind the wheel axles, lifting the tires of the ground by about 1/2 inch. Is this the best way. I could not find anything in the users manual. Thanks
I think there is something in the users manual, or is it in the Dexter Axle users manual (?), that suggests when storing an RV for a time period, doing exactly what you are planning. Besides lifting the tires, I would also suggest applying a protective coating of "tire black" or 303 and covering the tires to inhibit UV and ozone.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
SAABDOCTOR

x2 on the jacks and tires. when i store mine we putold sheets over the couch and chairs to protect the fabric from fading. we do not pull the shades down so they will not fade also. we leave the roff vent partly open for ventilation. sorry you have to store it for so long and not use it. hope all is well and you can go camping soon.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote