Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
tomsws6

hitch adjustment question

Ok, I had my hitch adjusted just right but now that I throw the golf cart in the back she squats a little. So my quesiton is to get it up a little do I move up 2 bolts or do I just adjust the little block on the top bolt?

Sorry about the sidways pic. was taken with my stupid phone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hitch.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	3427  
Old 06-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
audio1der

To move the hitch head up you need to remove & move the 2 bolts on the side up, non? That is how I moved mine.
2012 Ram 1500 Sport crew cab, Hemi, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, factory brake controller, S&B CAI w/scoop, Moroso air/oil can, 87mm ported/polished/knife-edged throttle body, Magnaflow exhaust, 180* t-stat, Rear lowered 2", Airlift 1000.
audio1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
warsw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsws6 View Post
Ok, I had my hitch adjusted just right but now that I throw the golf cart in the back she squats a little. So my quesiton is to get it up a little do I move up 2 bolts or do I just adjust the little block on the top bolt?

Sorry about the sidways pic. was taken with my stupid phone
If you are saying you are putting the golf cart in the pick-up bed and now it squats a little what you need are "Air Bags" to help carry the weight. You said you aready had the hitch set up right. I would leave it alone.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
B&T

Hi Tomsws6. It appears you have a Husky Center Line Hitch. Since you have changed (increased) the loading since your initial adjustment some adjustment should be made. Looking in the manual for this hitch it appears you can increase or decrease spring bar torque by adjusting the spring bar lift brackets.
2003 R-Vision Traillite
B&T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #5
Chippewa93

So what is the proper set up for a hitch pulling a travel trailer (no golf cart in pickup) do you want the hitch level when the trailer is hooked up. Or do you look at the entire set up. Truck & trailer
Chippewa93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #6
warsw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippewa93 View Post
So what is the proper set up for a hitch pulling a travel trailer (no golf cart in pickup) do you want the hitch level when the trailer is hooked up. Or do you look at the entire set up. Truck & trailer
The purpose of a WD hitch is to put the weight back to the front axle that was removed when adding the hitch weight to the rear of the truck. Nothing more. You do want to set your hitch height so the trailer runs level. This is to balance the weight carried by both trailer axles. When you transfer the right amount of weight back to the front axle of the truck the truck will usually ends up fairly level but not always.