Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #21
chartrand

Mid-Year Changes

Budget has delayed the purchase of my first TT until February. However the wait has lined me up now with the Mid-Year changes for the 2013 and they have improved the 22RBPR. It now includes slam-lock hatches (uniquely keyed to better secure your stuff), a new color scheme (I've heard they are moving away from painted units across the board) Bathroom plumbing is covered better. And my favorite is the new interior color scheme called Saddle, it's very very nice!!

The only thing it seems to be missing is the drawers under the dinette. They did add drawers to the Premier 32BHPR dinette, so you can bet I will be looking at those so see if a Modification can be done that looks like that.
Here is a photo of it, I know it's hard to see but the entire brown side of the dinette bench is a drawer.

Enjoy,
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #22
MISailor

Dinette Drawers

I'm glad to see Keystone is finally putting drawers in the dinnette. The first time I stepped inside our 19FBPR I knew that it would be one of my first mods. I've got all the pieces assembeled but I won't be able to install them until spring. I'll post pictures when I complete the project. I found that one of the standard cabinet door fronts in the 19FBPR covers the front face of the dinette seats perfectly, so I ordered a couple from Keystone and they will be used as the face of the drawers. I'm curious to know if the factory drawers will utilize all of the available space. Mine are about 20" wide, one is 42" deep and the other is a little shorter (38" due to the interference by the kitchen peninsula). Each has a removable partition in the middle to make two compartments.
2023 Ford F150 SuperCrew 5.0L V8, 3.73 Rear Axle (Photo to be updated)
MISailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #23
chartrand

Working with my dealer who is planning to talk with Keystone directly about making this modification at the factory. I'll keep everyone posted.

Pat

2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Baby Duramax)
Propride P3 Hitch
Old 01-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #24
chartrand

No modifications from the factory for drawers. Dealer is willing to put doors on them is all. Oh well...
Old 01-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Our dinette came with doors, but no drawers. We went to WalMart, bought two of the underbed plastic storage containers. They fit the compartments and we just lift them on one end and slide them out the door. It would be "nicer" if we had drawers, but the containers work well and really take up less space than the drawers would. Don't give up and be discouraged because you can't get drawers, there's lots of ways to work around that limitation......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #26
Scorn

Painted Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartrand View Post
Budget has delayed the purchase of my first TT until February. However the wait has lined me up now with the Mid-Year changes for the 2013 and they have improved the 22RBPR. It now includes slam-lock hatches (uniquely keyed to better secure your stuff), a new color scheme (I've heard they are moving away from painted units across the board) Bathroom plumbing is covered better. And my favorite is the new interior color scheme called Saddle, it's very very nice!!

The only thing it seems to be missing is the drawers under the dinette. They did add drawers to the Premier 32BHPR dinette, so you can bet I will be looking at those so see if a Modification can be done that looks like that.
Here is a photo of it, I know it's hard to see but the entire brown side of the dinette bench is a drawer.

Enjoy,
Do you mean the two tone paint on the outside? I like the new one withthe saddle color as well. These campers are nice but the price is salty. My local dealer wants about $1,500 more than a dealer in the Detroit for one.
Scorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #27
chartrand

Yes, my understanding was Premier moved away from the painted units. I heard from one dealer if was because of delimitation from the different material used on the painted units. But I'm not so sure of this since they are now doing a painted version of the Bullet which comes out of the same factory.

Pat

Propride P3 Hitch
Old 02-14-2013, 03:57 AM   #28
chartrand

I mentioned above that the slam latch's were uniquely keyed. That turns out to be wrong, however the key used for it is different than the one that is used for the more common style of latches. So the improved since of security is simply that there are not as many of these keys out there.

-Pat
Old 04-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #29
Jim N Susan

Bill, Do you have pictures of your modification? I would love to see them. I want to do the same to ours.
Jim N Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #30
chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim N Susan View Post
Bill, Do you have pictures of your modification? I would love to see them. I want to do the same to ours.
Bill posted the pictures in a different thread:
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...drawers&page=2

Enjoy..

Propride P3 Hitch
Old 04-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #31
MISailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartrand View Post
Bill posted the pictures in a different thread:
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...drawers&page=2

Enjoy..
Wow! You're quick, chartrand. Thanks for jumping in.
2023 Ford F150 SuperCrew 5.0L V8, 3.73 Rear Axle (Photo to be updated)
MISailor is offline   Reply With Quote