Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #1
Htfiremedic

Fuzion FZ322 front landing gear.

I was setting our Fuzion up yesterday. The ground was a little unlevel. I wanted to try to take the suspension out of play also. I set our blocks after leveling the tires, dropped the rear stabilizers, set our front blocks, strayed the front gear down. The front gear bogged down. I had to take pressure off the rear to get the front to go up.
Is this normal? Has anyone had this problem😬?
Htfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Normally, you would not try to raise the front of the Fuzion using your landing jacks when your stabilizers have been lowered and snugged down. If the rear stabilizers are down, this puts increased strain on the front landing jacks which are trying to raise the front of the Fuzion and can't because the rear stabilizers are preventing the back from going down.

I would suggest that you do not put your rear stabilizers down until you have raised the front up to the appropriate level. After it is level from front to back, then lower your rear stabilizers and snug them up.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Like Festus2 said, you had the "fat kid on the wrong end of the see-saw". Landing gear in most fifth wheels is, at best, "bare minimum" to lift the front of the trailer off the hitch. Doing it like you did, essentially, you moved the center point from the axles to the rear stabilizer jacks. Trying to lift that much weight with a set of jacks that are designed to "barely" lift the pin weight is going to put a strain on them and cause them to "groan" under the excess weight. Move the "fat kid" back toward the middle (raise the rear stabilizers) and things should be good again.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
Htfiremedic

Cool deal! I hate that. I get a lot of movement from the suspension. Tried x chocks. It feels like a bounce. May have to break down and do the string arms.
Thanks guys!
Htfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #5
IdahoSRT10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htfiremedic View Post
Cool deal! I hate that. I get a lot of movement from the suspension. Tried x chocks. It feels like a bounce. May have to break down and do the string arms.
Thanks guys!
My Stablizer struts removed 90% of the bounce/sway. Sometimes a extra pair of sissor jacks near the axles is needed.

"SteadyFast"
"Eliminator" struts
"Untra-Fab"
"JT's Strong Arms" is what I use.

Any of the above work.
08 Viper SRT-10 Coupe
10' Cyclone enclosed car hauler
IdahoSRT10 is offline   Reply With Quote