Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2013, 03:33 AM   #1
Dogman

First trip in Fuzion FZ301

After picking up my 2013 FZ 301 I didn't like the way it pulled. I drove to my work and weighted it on my cert. scales. Empty weight was 9,210 Lbs. Tongue weight was 1640.I filled up the water tank. Filled up the fuel tank and drove home, trailer did pull better. Before leaving this past weekend I checked my tongue weight with the Sherline scale. After loading my 2011 Polaris Ranger 800 XP EPS with the RCS cap system the tongue weight was 1,175. I emptied the water and the weight was 1,125. Right at 10% of my loaded trailer. We made a 250 mile trip and the trailer pulled great no sway and passing trucks were no problem. The 6.4 diesel and Equalizer 14,000 lb hitch did great. After driving the trailer home I did add airbags the Air lift 5000 with the on board WirelessAIR, and a Hilwig rear sway bar. Truck rides better then ever with no trailer. I guess when ever I go camping I have to load the Ranger or my 2 Harley,s. As a side note Ranger did fit with 1 1/2" in front and 2" in the rear.Had a great time and ready to head out for the Hatfield McCoy Trails next month. I will try filling up the Water,Gray, and Black Tanks and get the tongue weight with the garage empty.
2006 Harley Ultra Classic
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
tmm2good

Thanks for the weights, mine should be pretty close I would think. Definetly can tell a difference how it is loaded with water/toys.
Motorcycle's
tmm2good is offline   Reply With Quote