Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2013, 04:28 AM   #1
LittleJoe

325SRX Bedroom TV mount

Has anyone mounted a TV arm mount to the wall or ceiling in a 325SRX?

Looking for necessary stuff to make a quick bolt in job of it?

I got blue prints from Keystone, but they did not recommend mounting to wall. I am a good mechanic but not a carpenter.LOL

I would like it to look factory as it should have been (why would they put power and cable plate in ceiling for TV and no mount.

Can anyone with a 325 share a little
Thanks in advance
2014 FJR
2014 Jetta TDI
LittleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:02 AM   #2
tightline

Littlejoe, We have a 2012 325 It came with a sticker on the wall [tv mount here]. If they told you not to this may not help. Ours mounted 5" from the bath wall bath door shut and 10" an 16" from the ceiling this puts the mount on the outside wall. We used a mount that has 15" swing arm I removed the bolt in the last joint at back of the tv replaced with a pin an we remove the tv when on the road . Without a swing arm mount I could not see away to mount a tv that close in corner. It also lets you move tv to get around that side of the bed. You could also just use a stud finder I have mounted some rod holders this way. Hope this helps
tightline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #3
Maxzd

No factory sticker for mounting a TV to the exterior wall in my 2011 cougar 325srx. Personally I would not risk drilling into any exterior wall no good can come from it. If keystone puts a sticker now they must have plywood or something to that effect to mount on the exterior wall on new units. If they charged for an option to have a bedroom TV or TV mount most people would take them upon it. Same thing in my last unit, wall plate electricity and no mount. Silly.

I bought something like this. It's a front projector ceiling mount. It fits right above the sliding door and the wall plate. There is a wood trust to screw into. The other two bolts I got a scrap piece of plywood up there took the fan shroud down.

I'll take a picture later for you, but ceiling mounted you then angle the pipe to you liking toward the bed. As everything is Allen key adjustable you can achieve almost any angle. The mounting plate is adjustable to mount on any TV. If you look close there is another pivot point at the plate to achieve angle adjustment for the TV. The pipe included with mine was quite long, I cut it to my liking. Once installed it is solid, there is no movement or need to secure when driving.

I put a 15" TV I had already, but it could hold up to a 32" which might be overkill for the space. Room for the door to slide, room to walk by, and closer to the bed. It's also adjustable viewing angle with all the pivot points. Power cord and coax cord can be fed thru the pipe and up to the wall plate. I will likely move the 20" TV to the bedroom from the Garage, move the main TV to the garage which i think is a 32" and get a 40" at some point for the main room.

2003 Dodge Ram 3500
5.9L Cummins Diesel
2011 Cougar 325 SRX
Maxzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
LouSlugger

I bought a 32 inch Magnavox LCD flat screen HDTV/dvd combo for $349 and a mounting bracket with articulating arm (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...01_i00_details). First, I secured half of the TV mounting bracket to a section of 2x4 using hardware supplied with the bracket. Then I secured the 2x4 to the vertical stud located in the wall that separates storage space above the side entrance from the shower off the master bedroom (using four 4 inch lag screws). Then I attached TV to the other half of the mounting bracket and secured that part of bracket to the part attached to the wall. Although the bracket installation instructions would have you attach the entire bracket to the wall first and then secure the TV to the bracket, this is not possible in my 362 due to limited space, so that's why I deviated from that instruction. In addition to the articulating arm which allows you to extend the TV away from the wall, the bracket allows you to angle the TV downward. At this location, the TV is viewable from virtually every location in the rig (including the sleeping loft) except for the master BR. When not in use, the TV is pushed back and has a piece of foam between the TV bottom and storage shelf (to protect TV and help keep it from moving during travel). This was a pretty easy job and I think this location is much better than the factory TV location. And with the built-in DVD, no need for a separate player.

2007 Fuzion 362 Toy Hauler
2009 Ford F250 Super Duty Lariat 6.4L twin turbo diesel
LouSlugger is offline   Reply With Quote