Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2022, 04:07 PM   #1
BoBips

Looking for part that slide sits on

Hello - In my 2018 Keystone Raptor 425TS, the rubber part that the slide sits on is bent and twisted. I’m looking to replace that part that spans the entire slide but can’t find it. Not sure what it’s called. It’s behind the rubber flaps and hold the weight of the slide. It’s about a 10 foot slide so need it fairly long too. Hoping someone can point me in the direction or at least tell me what to search for.

Thanks
BoBips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 04:26 PM   #2
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBips View Post
Hello - In my 2018 Keystone Raptor 425TS, the rubber part that the slide sits on is bent and twisted. I’m looking to replace that part that spans the entire slide but can’t find it. Not sure what it’s called. It’s behind the rubber flaps and hold the weight of the slide. It’s about a 10 foot slide so need it fairly long too. Hoping someone can point me in the direction or at least tell me what to search for.

Thanks
There are folks here who will be able to answer your question with specifics. Welcome to the site. Take a sec and make a signature with your year, make and model of camper and tow vehicle. Signature thing is under the UserCP at top/left of each page.

As far as the twisted/bent part, sounds like there may be other things that need sorted that caused the twisted and bent part. Good luck. You can try trekwood.com or a Keystone dealer.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 04:46 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:

Thanks

Can you be a little more specific? The piece that holds the weight of the slide is a wear bar but it's not rubber, it's a formed strip of polymer that the bottom of the slide runs over (cable slides). How is it bent and twisted? If it is the wear bar and that has happened there is something wrong.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 06:42 PM   #4
BookPaul74

Do s search for AZ Tech. He’s added several rollers from Lippert so it moves better and not hangs up. It was on a toy hauler kitchen slide. I keep saying I’m going to do mine.

https://youtu.be/DrQwqJqAbS8
BookPaul74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 04:47 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:

Thanks
Can you post a picture? Your description sounds like your talking about the bottom wiper/seal that keeps water and air out but does not support the weight of the slide.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 05:44 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Can you post a picture? Your description sounds like your talking about the bottom wiper/seal that keeps water and air out but does not support the weight of the slide.

(Has to have ^^^ or message too short.) I agree.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide