Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2021, 09:33 AM   #1
wborisenok

Tadi Brothers wireless digital camera - messed up?

My first “whoops” thread. For some reason I was under the impression that our Bullet Crossfire was pre-wired for a Furrion camera — but it isn’t. I think I was under that impression because we were initially slated to purchase a different TT that WAS actually pre-wired. Anyway, now I’ve got a Tadi Brothers digital wireless backup camera that is intended to be plug-and-play with a pre-wired for Furrion TT.

My question is, what does “pre-wired for Furrion” actually mean? I assume it means the power and bracket are already there and ready to go. If that’s the case, will I be able to utilize the camera anyway? I realize I’ll have to tap into power myself, but everything else should work just fine. I think? Disappointed I messed this one up!

I’m waiting to hear back from Tadi Brothers on this but my gut is telling me the camera will work just fine and that I’ll just need to take a few extra steps for install. The only thing that makes the camera Furrion-ready is that they include a bracket adapter. Here’s a link:

https://www.tadibrothers.com/product...-backup-camera

Would love any clarity you can offer as well as any tips for tapping into the clearance lights to power my camera. Thanks!
wborisenok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 10:21 AM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wborisenok View Post
My first “whoops” thread. For some reason I was under the impression that our Bullet Crossfire was pre-wired for a Furrion camera — but it isn’t. I think I was under that impression because we were initially slated to purchase a different TT that WAS actually pre-wired. Anyway, now I’ve got a Tadi Brothers digital wireless backup camera that is intended to be plug-and-play with a pre-wired for Furrion TT.

My question is, what does “pre-wired for Furrion” actually mean? I assume it means the power and bracket are already there and ready to go. If that’s the case, will I be able to utilize the camera anyway? I realize I’ll have to tap into power myself, but everything else should work just fine. I think? Disappointed I messed this one up!

I’m waiting to hear back from Tadi Brothers on this but my gut is telling me the camera will work just fine and that I’ll just need to take a few extra steps for install. The only thing that makes the camera Furrion-ready is that they include a bracket adapter. Here’s a link:

https://www.tadibrothers.com/product...-backup-camera

Would love any clarity you can offer as well as any tips for tapping into the clearance lights to power my camera. Thanks!
Amazon sells the brackets and adaptors.. if it’s prewired then I would buy from Amazon a furrian power adaptor for a couple of bucks that way you don’t have to cut off the factory furrian connection....that’s what I used to power my garmin camera. Halo view makes a bunch of adaptors.

If you don’t have a prewired system then just mount the halo view shark fin or whatever bracket you decide to use up close to clearance lights and drill a hole carefully( may be a wire behind)
Remove one of the clearance lights and tap into the wires that feed that particular light. Fish the wire over to your newly drilled hole and connect the camera. Seal with silicone
Old 04-26-2021, 11:01 AM   #3
wborisenok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
Amazon sells the brackets and adaptors.. if it’s prewired then I would buy from Amazon a furrian power adaptor for a couple of bucks that way you don’t have to cut off the factory furrian connection....that’s what I used to power my garmin camera. Halo view makes a bunch of adaptors.

If you don’t have a prewired system then just mount the halo view shark fin or whatever bracket you decide to use up close to clearance lights and drill a hole carefully( may be a wire behind)
Remove one of the clearance lights and tap into the wires that feed that particular light. Fish the wire over to your newly drilled hole and connect the camera. Seal with silicone
Thank you for confirming my suspicions! I don't believe I'll need any kind of adapter -- essentially, I paid extra for the Furrion adapter kit for no reason. Not going to split hairs on that, especially since they sent me the 7" monitor instead of the 5" monitor by accident. I broke even.

I found a video that kind of goes through the process but it isn't super clear on the splicing portion. I realize it's a fairly straightforward task, but can anyone provide details on how to tap into the wire? From what I understand, the clearance light will have two wires: one ground and one power. Am I correct in that I should be using a T-tap connector to tap into the wire with power?

Also would love any pointers on whether I should mount the camera above or below the clearance light for better performance. Not sure it matters, but thought I'd throw it out there just in case.

Not thrilled about the idea of drilling a hole in my brand new camper, but I think that backup camera is going to prove very valuable. And I might as well start to get used to figuring out how to do things on my own...with the help of my friends at KeystoneForums.com
Old 04-26-2021, 11:23 AM   #4
wborisenok

For anyone who may be seeking the same installation info as I am, I just found another video with more clarity:

Looks to be exactly what I need to do. Love that they even pointed out to silicone the screw holes before putting in the screw.