Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2021, 04:40 AM   #1
MRice

No power to slides

Good morning. I am a new member on here and new to the camping scene as of last September. We own a 2016 Cougar 336BHS and got back from our most recent trip and got home to set up the camper at the house. My son went to put the slides out and there was no power to the panel switches. The lights and everything else still work, though. Just the slides and awning seem to have no power. I checked the fuse box and when I pulled that fuse, no red light came on. I'm not good with electrical and tried to watch some videos, but I'm striking out. Any ideas what this could be? I appreciate any help on this. Thanks.
MRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 04:45 AM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRice View Post
Good morning. I am a new member on here and new to the camping scene as of last September. We own a 2016 Cougar 336BHS and got back from our most recent trip and got home to set up the camper at the house. My son went to put the slides out and there was no power to the panel switches. The lights and everything else still work, though. Just the slides and awning seem to have no power. I checked the fuse box and when I pulled that fuse, no red light came on. I'm not good with electrical and tried to watch some videos, but I'm striking out. Any ideas what this could be? I appreciate any help on this. Thanks.
Does it have a travel disengage switch? So they can’t open while traveling accidentally?
Old 03-21-2021, 04:56 AM   #3
MRice

I’m not sure. I’ve never heard about that before. Sorry.
Old 03-21-2021, 05:03 AM   #4
MRice

Are you asking about the battery disconnect or is there an actual switch that disengages the slides only?
Old 03-21-2021, 05:19 AM   #5
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRice View Post
Are you asking about the battery disconnect or is there an actual switch that disengages the slides only?
I’m not sure what your unit has .. mine has a iN·Command touchscreen ...when I connect to my trailer it automatically puts a lock on the slides and awnings. I have to go to the keypad to disengage
Old 03-21-2021, 05:25 AM   #6
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
I’m not sure what your unit has .. mine has a iN·Command touchscreen ...when I connect to my trailer it automatically puts a lock on the slides and awnings. I have to go to the keypad to disengage
Someone will chime in soon .. I believe it’s probably a fuse or circuit breaker..is your battery charged 100%?
Old 03-21-2021, 05:42 AM   #7
ChuckS

You've stated you have interior lights and no slide out action or awning.. So I doubt the battery cutoff switch is your issue

Awning has its own separate fuse located inline with the switch.it will b e found inside the wall usually at the switch itself.. remove switch and locate and verify fuse with MM

The slide out motors will have an auto resetting DC fuse located usually in battery compartment.. Use MM to verify power on both terminal points... there is also.. on some a small little button to press to reset the fuse// some have this and some dont

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 05:51 AM   #8
MRice

Thanks. I will try this and get back.
I appreciate the advice.

Tags
power, slide