Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2021, 06:18 AM   #1
JWS

Front Cap Line X Fade

I have a Cougar 27RES TT with the Line X? type spray liner from the factory. After a couple of years I noticed the black textured material was fading. Thought about spraying with a few rattle cans to restore appearance but I remembered a trick I used to do on faded black plastic on autos. At the risk of having the web police shout me down this is what I did and wanted to share.
I picked up some black stain (negro on the can) and applied to a small area to test. After a couple of days to check for adverse affects I applied to entire area. Man it looks like new again! The shine and luster is back. I even used it on the black propane cover to make it look new. I did this years ago on auto and trucks with lasting results.
JWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 10:26 AM   #2
wobly

Interesting tip. I was looking at the front of our 2019 29BHS and noticed that it looked like it was peeling/fading.
Did you use something like this? https://www.lowes.com/pd/Minwax-Wood...-oz/1000447121

I would presume you used oil based instead of water based.
wobly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 04:44 PM   #3
JWS

The stain I used is oil based just like your link. After looking again at my can I found it was ebony, my mistake. I picked it up only because black was not on the shelf at Lowes. As you might guess I am very satisfied with the results.
JWS is offline   Reply With Quote