Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2021, 09:56 AM   #1
Bagger56

Customer service & warranty question

I have a question about Keystone/Cougar warranty and customer service. I currently own a Forest River TT product but looking to replace it with a Cougar fifth wheel. There is no Cougar dealer close by me so I am wondering how well Cougar's customer service/warranty is? I am good with fixing almost anything myself but if is something that needs a mobile tech, will they send one too you? Is there any cost to me if it's falls under a warranty repair? Or will they make me take it to the dealer where I bought it? Thanks
Bagger56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:07 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

IMO you are looking at a good trailer. The warranty issues that you are asking about can run the gamut. The first thing I can say is after floorplan the #1 thing to consider is the dealer. You might get Keystone to authorize a mobile tech and I believe some have. On the other hand the likelihood of that is overshadowed by the fact that you very well may be required to take it to a dealer for assessment of the problem - all manufacturers do this. They do not know you or your ability to assess a problem nor are they going to authorize a mobile tech every time an owner has a drippy faucet - the trip charge would be as much as the repair.

I would never buy an RV predicated on my hope for a mobile tech to be authorized to come make needed repairs; the chances of ongoing disappointments is huge. Instead I would go back to the items I listed above; floorplan then dealer, dealer, dealer.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:32 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Keystone addresses this situation in the Owner's Manual, on page 5 which is in the "How To Obtain Service" section of the warranty:

"Service Calls (except for Travel Trailers with a detachable A-Frame)
or repairs completed by Non-Authorized dealers are not warranted by
Keystone. Should you encounter a situation that may require such a
service, contact your selling dealer for assistance PRIOR to incurring
these types of expense."

If you have any question or concern with obtaining mobile service calls, I'd urge you, BEFORE YOU BUY, to contact Keystone and discuss your concerns with the ONLY office/representative who can give you "the official final word"....

Anything you get here is "conditional experiences based on individual situations" and there may be some people who were approved for "extenuating circumstances" that may or may not apply to your purchase or problem.

My recommendation: If you think you may be faced with a situation where the purchase is based on a requirement to obtain mobile service, I'd get that condition approved "IN WRITING" from Keystone. Otherwise, you should expect the above exclusion to apply.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty