Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2021, 10:05 AM   #1
tjcutchins

Water leak at Convenience Center

I’m curious if anyone has experienced this issue. We have a 2020 Keystone Bullet 291 RLS. Last week when camping we hooked to the city water, and noticed we had low water pressure inside the camper. On our second day, we notice a steady drip from the convenience center. I was thinking the hose may need tighten but found the drip was coming from behind the panel where the city water connection and black water connections are located. Not wanting to damage the trailer we turned off the water. The next day when we left the campsite and dumped, I hooked up the black water flush and noticed water leaking underneath the trailer. When I got back home I removed the panel at the convenience center and discovered the floor was as dry as could be. Even the sawdust and a small plastic bag left behind the cover were dry. I’m scheduled to take the trailer in for warranty repair next month. I purchased this trailer back in September and have camped 4 times with issues every time, black water valve left in open position, tongue jack and stabilizer jack replaced, new set of tires after picking up a nail and blowing another tire. It almost makes me want to give up on camping
tjcutchins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 10:31 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

HMMMMMM...

A black tank flush valve or even a black tank dump valve left in the open position is not a warranty item, but is an "overlooked step in preparation to use the trailer"

Picking up a nail in a tire and blowing another tire from being overloaded in the process is also not a warranty item.

You can't "blame Keystone" for either of those situations as the factory had absolutely no control over either of them.

Without knowing what happened to your stabilizers and tongue jack, it's impossible to determine if either of those components was a "warranty issue" or a "user error issue".

As for the "leak behind the convenience center and the loss of water pressure in the trailer" do you use a water pressure regulator? was the low pressure a result of the campground water system or was there something in the trailer that caused the issue? Much more information about what, why and how the low water pressure occurred is needed to make any assessment of what happened or even what components were involved or which of them may need repair/replacement.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 10:59 AM   #3
tjcutchins

Yeah I know some of those things weren’t warranty, not blaming Keystone at all, just voicing my frustrations. This isn’t my first RV, previously owned a Coleman 2515RLS. Just haven’t seen this kind of leakage before. Yes we use a regulator.
tjcutchins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 12:10 PM   #4
bobbecky

Our rig when new also had a water leak from behind the convenience center wall. I removed the panel to access the connections behind the wall and found several of the connections barely hand tight and leaking. I tightened them all and the leak stopped. Any of these rigs will experience loose connections on the water and also in the electrical system, which is also a good place to re-tighten all the connections. A pair of pliers for the water connections and a screwdriver for the electrical is all that is needed, and is much easier than dragging the rig to a dealer where it might sit for months waiting on a repair that they still might not do properly.
bobbecky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 12:46 PM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

The thing that I don't understand is how a leak from the back of the the convenience center can leak out and not get the floor wet, especially if it's enough to "leak out of the bottom. If it were mine, I would pull the screws out of the convenience center and pulling out enough to see behind it as you say you have done. Then connect the water hose and see if you can find where it's leaking. It very well be a simple tightening of a connection as has been suggested.

After that's resolved, run the tank rinsed to run down if that's an issue.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak