Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2019, 03:44 PM   #1
Bporourke2

Has anyone had success wiring satellite through KeyTV?

Has anyone actually been able to set up dish through the KeyTV system? I have an alpine 3700FL
Bporourke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:15 PM   #2
ChuckS

For DTV hookup
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Key TV DTV wiring hookup.pdf (695.6 KB, 1994 views)

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:43 PM   #3
ChuckS

KeyTV trouble shooting and both DTV and DISH hookup diagrams....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Key TV MSSC Troubleshooting Guide.pdf (1.73 MB, 4386 views)

Old 04-17-2019, 05:38 AM   #4
Bporourke2

Thank you very much, do you know if I can run the secondary on Dish network through the cable port on KeyTV?
Bporourke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 06:04 AM   #5
ChuckS

The cable coax port on the KeyTV has ... I think a diplexer internally in the circuit and I’m not sure it would let Dish signal pass thru. Also if you have anything connected to the cable tv coax connection on KeyTV the OTA antenna will not work.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:06 AM   #6
ChuckS

7. Multiple Satellite Receiver “work-arounds”
Although KeyTV does not support more than one satellite receiver at a time (other than DirecTV SWM systems), there are “work-arounds” to support two televisions. Below are some potential scenarios.
DISH Network
Portable Satellite Dish with two connections (“MAIN” + “SEC”) and user wishes to have two satellite receivers active.
• Some portable satellite dish antennas are capable of connecting to two receivers. However one will be a master receiver, which is connected to the “MAIN” port of the unit, and one receiver will be a slave, which is connected to the “SEC” port of the unit.
• The “MAIN” port of the satellite dish antenna is to be connected to the SAT port of the MSSC. This allows any one location within the RV to have satellite programming via the Diplexer Wall Plate and will become the master receiver location.
• The “SEC” port of the satellite dish antenna is to be connected to a receiver nearby the second television of choice.
NOTE: The master receiver is able to tune to any satellite programming subscribed while the slave receiver is limited to tune to a channel corresponding to a satellite for which the master receiver is pointed toward.

Old 04-19-2019, 03:55 AM   #7
Frederick

I have a 2014 Alpine and the sat, hook up installed in the rv will not work I run the cable direct from the dish to the power box my sat, receiver will run 2 tv,s with seperate cables
Frederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:04 AM   #8
ChuckS

I also have a 2014 Alpine and my satellite connection works like a charm.. I’d suggest checking.....

... do you have sat receiver connected to the right coax outlet connection inside the fifth wheel... mine had a coax jumper that you remove and connect receiver to one end

... have you removed inside wall plate for sat outlet to receiver and checked F connector for proper install.. make sure center coax wire protrudes out of F connector

... lastly check F connector at service panel on backside for same serviceable install as above

The coax run should be a dedicated line from service center to tv outlet plate..
My 2014 Alpine is

Old 08-12-2020, 04:34 AM   #9
JB of SC

Key TV and Dish playmaker

Plain and simple Dish (playmaker in my case) won't work through Key TV wiring. Run a separate sole cable from satellite dish to your dish box.
AND you might as well bypass it any way if you want over air antenna to work on your other TVs.

Until I can rewire permanently from bulkhead to living room I slipped the wire through the slide out seal.
JB of SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 11:22 AM   #10
Peacemkr53

I have a 2019 Cougar 315RLS. In mine I have used the "Sat" connection at the KeySystem to hook a King Tailgator "Main" Terminal to my rig. Using "Wally" main TV works fine. Bedroom TV is a whole 'nother story. I had a terminal mounted by my dealer on the roof right over the recess for the TV. Drilled a hole for the wire and have a drop to the TV for the "Sec" (read slave) terminal. I have the adapter on the main tv to allow OTA (over the air) channels to appear on the main menu for selection. It all works fine. As long as the KeySystem works.
Peacemkr53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 07:55 AM   #11
1953TBM

KeyTV trouble shooting guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
KeyTV trouble shooting and both DTV and DISH hookup diagrams....
I used the trouble shooting guide several times and every time it says to replace the MSSC. Contact dealer and they say Keystone won't replace it. I talked to Keystone and they contacted the dealer service manager which I talked to after. Keystone won't help. I finally ran a new rg6 cable from compartment to my wally receiver and Dish works very well. I am reluctant to mess with the MSSC while under Warranty.. OTA TV don't work if Park cable connected so if you want to watch OTA you have to go outside and disconnect the Park cable. This situation wasted several hours of my first trip. Even with the Dish problem resolved you still have the Park cable. Us Old folks like our TV and if the KeyTV worked it would be great I watched a UTUBE about the KeyTv and it tells me that my findings are true. When my RV is in storage I can turn on the OTA TV and get 40+ channels. Also at customer request Dealer added a A/B switch to solve the OTA Park cable situation on several occasions. Keystone needs to stepup and solve this very expensive add that we paid for.
1953TBM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite, wiring