Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2019, 03:51 AM   #1
Forest

2017 Residence 401FDEN

Just bought a Residence 401FDEN trailer. I was cleaning the top of the living room slide out and looking down from top on inside, with the slide all the way out. I noticed you can see daylight between the gasket about 3 feet down on each side of the peak. Its only about 1/16" wide. Gaskets are ok the rest of the way down. I can also push up on the peak area about 1/2 to 3/4". This closes the gaskets. So I got on top of the roof and looked over the side at slide, the large 2" wide gasket hits the slide on both ends but as it gets closer to the peak it is lifted away from top of slide. Keystone CS told me to take it to dealer. ITS TOO BIG. I would have to hire a professional transporter. Any ideas? PS what are the 3 leveling bolts on outside of living room slider suppose to do? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:10 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

In years past, the "Residence and Retreat" lines were considered not mobile. Keystone's owner's manual warranty has an exclusion for those lines giving the impression that dealerships are authorized to make "on site repairs" for those two lines. Read your owner's manual, specifically page 5. You should find this exclusion:

"Service Calls (except for Travel Trailers with a detachable A-Frame)
or repairs completed by Non-Authorized dealers are not warranted by
Keystone. Should you encounter a situation that may require such a
service, contact your selling dealer for assistance PRIOR to incurring
these types of expense."

If your trailer is "new and has the Keystone warranty in effect" then that exclusion should get you dealership support to your site. If it's a used unit without warranty, then you'll be on your own and might get help from the dealer, but Keystone would be out of the loop as the warranty expired one year from date of original sale.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:04 PM   #3
Forest

The Residence did come with a extended warranty. It has a $200 deductible though. I was wondering if I can just screw up the center adjusting bolt a tad to see if it closes the gap in the gaskets.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote