Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2019, 12:50 PM   #21
arch113

Greetings from Enid, Oklahoma
Old 03-03-2019, 09:58 AM   #22
kayakjim

Hope you are enjoying your trailer! I brought my trailer in for some service on Friday and saw a F150 with a Pro Pride hitch leaving with a 34 foot Cougar. Brand spanking new. Have you had a chance to tow loaded yet? Just wondering how it did. I wish I could have stayed with my F150. Overloaded beyond door sticker with loaded trailer and truck so upgraded to the 250 and can really tell the difference towing. Cant say I like the added price, height and lower MPG when NOT towing. I have to go online now to find parking garages that are over 7 feet of clearance.
kayakjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:37 PM   #23
KC10Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakjim View Post
Hope you are enjoying your trailer! I brought my trailer in for some service on Friday and saw a F150 with a Pro Pride hitch leaving with a 34 foot Cougar. Brand spanking new. Have you had a chance to tow loaded yet? Just wondering how it did. I wish I could have stayed with my F150. Overloaded beyond door sticker with loaded trailer and truck so upgraded to the 250 and can really tell the difference towing. Cant say I like the added price, height and lower MPG when NOT towing. I have to go online now to find parking garages that are over 7 feet of clearance.
Thanks! That was probably me! I picked up the trailer Friday afternoon. It tows great. I towed it up to Lake Arcadia during rush hour traffic. Just took my time and made it through all of that with no problems. I can't believe the power that this 3.5L motor has. If you had told me ten years ago that I'd be buying a half ton truck with a V6 to tow a 7,000+ pound trailer, I'd have laughed in your face and given a long lecture about how you needed a 3/4 ton truck with a big diesel motor. Stopping is just fine too. We camped out Saturday night and were super comfortable. I love this thing!
ProPride 3P-1400 hitch.
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:21 AM   #24
yesiamapirate

Congrats on getting your new baby home!!! We bought a Cougar 2019 27SAB last month. We tow with an F150. Upgraded tow package, etc. we only ever pulled it home as it had been winter here in Michigan. My husband and I crunched the numbers. We have over 11 thousand ponds towing capacity so we are fine there coming in max at 8,800 for the trailer. As for GVWR, our truck GVWR is 7000. We fall under that as well as long as we do t carry a ton of bricks!

Enjoy the new trailer!!
yesiamapirate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, new member