Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2014, 02:17 PM   #1
Anson9110

Dri-Z-Air should be mandatory!!

I know every well-seasoned member out there probably knows this already but for any newbies like me.. I put out 3 containers with Dri-Z-Air pellets to take the moisture out of my camper before I left it for the past month. I went into it an hour ago and each container had about 4 cups full of water.. I'm in shock! This stuff should come with the keys when purchasing a camper!! All of that water would be in my walls and floors right now rotting everything away. Not sure if this is where I should post this or not..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anson9110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
theeyres

Do you think all that water was actually in the camper or is it pulling it out of the air because there is high humidity? Can't believe there would be that much moisture just inside the camper. Certainly not a bad idea to try.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:48 PM   #3
cookie1951

dri-Z air

Thanks for the information. We just brought home our 5th wheel Raptor and appreciate any tips others may share. First time owners and are new to the camping world.
cookie1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:22 PM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anson9110 View Post
All of that water would be in my walls and floors right now rotting everything away. Not sure if this is where I should post this or not..

The 3 cups of water that you collected did come from the air inside your camper but there will not be 3 cups of water that will find its way into the walls, floors and woodwork causing rot.

If you were to put 3 containers of these crystals inside your home, the same thing would happen. The moisture in the air would be absorbed in the same way and I am sure you are not as concerned about the walls, floors and woodwork inside your house rotting away.

I think you are overestimating the seriousness of this occurrence. I use these same crystals but only when we are finished camping for the season and winterizing our unit. I've not worried about rot because of moisture in the air. I'm more concerned with leaks and rot.

I see you're from Toronto ..... Which explains a lot about the high humidity you might encounter upon occasion.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:01 PM   #5
Anson9110

Good point. Maybe it's pulling some moisture from the air as well but I do know one thing for certain.... The closet no longer has water droplets running down the walls. The container I had in the closet had the most water in it.. Maybe I am overestimating the occurrence but I guess only time will tell. Take care all..

Anson9110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #6
Festus2
Site Team

Do you make sure that you have some flow of fresh air inside your unit during the times when it is just sitting? If it is closed up tight without any circulation, you will run into a problem of excessive moisture buildup.

Try cranking open a window and your overhead vents to allow air to move around inside.