Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2014, 09:52 AM   #1
Cavhaynes

Angry Search topics

There are so many topics on repairs , is there way to search a topic with out going through all the threads.

My question is my black and gray tank sensor indicates my tank is still 2/3 full after I completely empty them, where do I start to look to solve this problem?
Tks
Cavhaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:08 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Cavhaynes, At the top of every page in the first blue bar, you will see "SEARCH" ... select that and insert a topic like "tank sensor" then select "GO" and the forum search engine will do the work for you. If you do not get satisfactory results try different key words relating to the subject. JM2˘, Hank I think you will find the problem is very common and most folks just learn to live with it as most cures are temporary.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:28 PM   #3
hankaye

Cavhaynes, Howdy;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavhaynes View Post
There are so many topics on repairs , is there way to search a topic with out going through all the threads.

My question is my black and gray tank sensor indicates my tank is still 2/3 full after I completely empty them, where do I start to look to solve this problem?
Tks
The first place to look would be the roll of TP..... then everyone that uses
the commode...

The indicator lights are a nice way to screw with you. They'll show you
everything you don't want to know. Mine is located under a set of 3 coat
hooks and I make sure to keep a coat hanging over the unit.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #4
Steve S

My black tank light is always showing empty, I never flush my toilet. I have no smells, no water leaks, no bad odors and I never have to worry about all the septic problems that I read about here
Old 07-09-2014, 09:25 AM   #5
outwest

Repeatedly filling and dumping the tank *might* sort it out. That usually works, but not always. Be careful to not overfill the tank in the process.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Search topics

Just finished a PDI on a '15 Shadow Cruiser (not a Keystone), and had the same issue. Dropped the belly and found all the sensor wires AND the power lead broken off. You may have the same thing going on.

Pretty much all holding tanks use 4 wires. There are sensors in the side of the tank, and as it fills with liquid it completes a circuit to illuminate any number of lights or bars or whatever.

Quote:
My black tank light is always showing empty, I never flush my toilet. I have no smells, no water leaks, no bad odors and I never have to worry about all the septic problems that I read about here

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote