Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2020, 03:12 PM   #1
Sarge2

Ceiling Mounted Round speakers

question... is there a "common" size of round speaker used in later model TT's? Short of moving the winter cover going inside and removing one from the ceiling is there a general rule of thumb for size? Or do I just wait for spring? lol
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 03:32 PM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge2 View Post
question... is there a "common" size of round speaker used in later model TT's? Short of moving the winter cover going inside and removing one from the ceiling is there a general rule of thumb for size? Or do I just wait for spring? lol
First guessing game is in what trailer? You may have a shot at getting a a higher probability of answer if shared what trailer you have. Maybe someone with the same model and year could tell you what's in theirs.

Standard? That's a word that's rarely used in reference to Keystone. Many or 5 1/4" some are 5 1/2" and some (especially with the supply chain shortages of Covid-19) could be anyone's guess. I'd wait.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 05:44 PM   #3
Sarge2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
First guessing game is in what trailer? You may have a shot at getting a a higher probability of answer if shared what trailer you have. Maybe someone with the same model and year could tell you what's in theirs.

Standard? That's a word that's rarely used in reference to Keystone. Many or 5 1/4" some are 5 1/2" and some (especially with the supply chain shortages of Covid-19) could be anyone's guess. I'd wait.
Sorry, my Passport 2600bh gt specifically... but from your post I'd say you are probably right... hold off getting any until I can go in and pull one down... Easy peasy... Thanks Flybouy... once again, common sense prevailed..
Old 12-16-2020, 06:21 PM   #4
NH_Bulldog

We have a 2019 Passport 240BH and we bought these for a direct replacement of the factory ceiling speakers. No modifications needed, plug and play. I even used the original white grills
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E93FE7FC-16FE-4237-8BC3-46B4BB003598.jpeg
Views:	124
Size:	378.3 KB
ID:	31167  
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 06:33 PM   #5
Sarge2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
We have a 2019 Passport 240BH and we bought these for a direct replacement of the factory ceiling speakers. No modifications needed, plug and play. I even used the original white grills
I appreciate that.. from memory they looked like 6.5" ... But as was said, I've seen a lot of things that vary from week to week or month to month... Apparently they changed the Model I have to include a rear storage door and a fold up bunk to load items from outside the trailer... mine has storage but only accessible from two small cupboard doors on the inside and the bunk doesn't fold up... apparently it was a mid year change...so I'm assuming mine was an earlier build... both 2020's and the same model ...

Tags
mount, speakers