Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2020, 03:15 PM   #1
Apalinto

In search of a Durable Sewer Hose System

Hello to the group. I am getting rid of my old Sewer Hose setup as my gear is old and last trip started to leak and so they are done. My current hoses have served me well with our Toy Hauler 5'er, our Travel Trailer and now our Cougar 5th Wheel. My old gear is, I believe, the Valterra EZ Coupler brand. I would appreciate your input on what you have had good service with. I am using Google Search and shopping at Amazon and the reviews from owners don't always give the expensive products the best reviews. We camp maybe 4 or 5 times a year not more than a week at a time. I want something that is very good quality, sturdy and can collapse to fit in my hose storage of my trailer. Thanks for looking in.
Bulletproof Powerstroke 6.0 Turbo Diesel
2019 Cougar 315 RLS
Apalinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 05:01 PM   #2
K_N_L

Just replaced my Camco Rhinoflex after 9 years (came with our first used camper). New one is the Thetford Titan (black with green connectors), it has worked well after two long outings so far. Hose material seems a bit thicker that the Camco and of good quality overall. I didnt have any real issue with the Rhinoflex, just as concerned with the age.

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 05:30 PM   #3
NH_Bulldog

I am still using the basic hose that came in our starter kit from the RV dealer when we bought our camper. It fits in the short tube along the frame rail between the outriggers. I bought a Rhino for when that cheap one goes, but it doesn’t compress all that much and will need a different storage tube.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:55 PM   #4
Apalinto

Thank you K N L and NH Bulldog. I have the Rhino Flex on my radar but will also check out the Thetford Titan kit.
2019 Cougar 315 RLS
Old 06-28-2020, 07:14 PM   #5
Old Mustanger

Have used the Rhino set up for 10 years with no problems.
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 07:22 PM   #6
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apalinto View Post
Hello to the group. I am getting rid of my old Sewer Hose setup as my gear is old and last trip started to leak and so they are done. My current hoses have served me well with our Toy Hauler 5'er, our Travel Trailer and now our Cougar 5th Wheel. My old gear is, I believe, the Valterra EZ Coupler brand. I would appreciate your input on what you have had good service with. I am using Google Search and shopping at Amazon and the reviews from owners don't always give the expensive products the best reviews. We camp maybe 4 or 5 times a year not more than a week at a time. I want something that is very good quality, sturdy and can collapse to fit in my hose storage of my trailer. Thanks for looking in.
I switched to Rhino Flex a couple years ago, not so much quality of the hose, but how and where it is stored. The standard 4" bumper storage space is the worst. It rust and becomes like sandpaper to the hose. I also switched to the 5" vinyl fence post storage, smooth and clean on the inside all of the parts fit in the post2 10' sections, a 45 degree clear elbow, and the 90 degree bend into park fitting.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:12 PM   #7
Apalinto

Thank you Old Mustanger and rhagfo. Rhino Flex is looking pretty good. I notice that there are two versions, Rhino Flex and Rhino Flex Extreme. I'll have compare those two.
2019 Cougar 315 RLS
Old 06-29-2020, 05:50 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

I have used the CAMCO Revolution sewer hose kit from WalMart for the past 5 years. It's two 10' hoses that collapse to about 18", end caps that seal both hoses separately, a 90 degree opaque end fitting, all in one box for $30.

While I can't say how durable these hoses would be if stored in a rusty bumper or dragged across the concrete for any distance, I can say that when stored in a 5" fence post "sewer storage container" mine have lasted 5 years and this season will be #6.

The kit is on the shelf in the RV department at every WalMart that I've seen, so easy to get a replacement if needed. So far, all I've done is watch the price increase every spring. I think it was $19.99 when I bought my kit.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:26 AM   #9
flybouy
Site Team

Original Rhino Flex here for going on year six I believe. Stored in a sewer hose tube not the bumper.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 07:01 AM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

Rhino Flex here as well. Several years ago I developed a leak in the sewer hose I had upon setup in the evening in Vicksburg. The only place to get a replacement was Walmart and they had the Rhino Flex. Bought it and still have it. Carried it in our bumper for several years on the old trailer (it never rusted) but now carry it, an extension, clear ends, caps for all the ends of the hoses and all other black water associated gear in a clear flat tote (locking lid) with rollers in the pass through.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 07:31 AM   #11
Apalinto

Smile

Thanks JRTJH, flybouy and sourdough. I am definitely going with Rhino Flex from Camco. I have always carried a combination of 25 feet of hose and they offer a 20 ft. kit (2 ten footers) and a 5 ft. extension. my Cougar has the plastic storage tube so I needed a kit that collapsed into it. These kits are just what I'm looking for. Thanks to all.
2019 Cougar 315 RLS
Old 06-29-2020, 01:02 PM   #12
Laredo Tugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
I switched to Rhino Flex a couple years ago, not so much quality of the hose, but how and where it is stored. The standard 4" bumper storage space is the worst. It rust and becomes like sandpaper to the hose. I also switched to the 5" vinyl fence post storage, smooth and clean on the inside all of the parts fit in the post2 10' sections, a 45 degree clear elbow, and the 90 degree bend into park fitting.

Russ,
I wasn't going to do this mod (the fence post carrier) until I saw your post today. Been carrying my hoses in the "sandpaper tube" for too long.
Had the materials out of Lowes at 12:30 and was in the shower by 3:30.
I mounted it to the exposed outside flanges of the "I" beams a few feet behind my rear jacks. The whole thing wasn't that difficult and look's great. Thanks for the "motivation".
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 02:33 PM   #13
travelin texans

Used the Viper sewer hoses for 6+ years with my last 5th wheel, they are, in my opinion, as durable as the Rhinos but much more flexible plus the ends fit in normal size storage tubes.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sewer