Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2019, 11:08 AM   #1
jholden

Slide out alignment

One of the adjuster nuts on my cable slides apearently vibrated almost all the way off, as I was putting the slide out, it came all the way off, I imediatly stoped putting the slide out. The slide though is now misaligned, and there isn't enough slack to put the cable back into the block and tension it.

There is also slack in the in-side cable on the same corner that poped off, and the slide is out further on the top than the bottom, where it poped off. I called a moble tech but so far they haven't called back. If worse come to worse and I need to try and fix this myself, I was wondering if anyone knows what I can do. Should I try and bump the slide back in with the motor? Would that make it worse? Or do I have to try and get the bottom corner out further by brute force?

Also there are no foam anti-vibration blocks on any of the adjuster nuts like I see on the install youtube video, are there supposed to be and the factory got lazy, and that is why mine vibrated free?
jholden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:44 PM   #2
jholden

Fixed

I was able to fix it. Of course, the mobile RV guy flaked out so I was forced to fix it myself.

My slide was almost all the way out which prevented me from getting a wrench in there unless I wanted to take off the outside frame. I was able to run the slide inwards and get enough room to use a ratchet. To get the cable back into the block I used a shower tension rod. I adjusted the rod to be an inch or two bigger than the distance between the slide and the rv, then I pushed the slide out as far as I could by pushing as hard as I could, then wedged the rod in to prevent it from going back in. This gave me plenty of slack to get the cable back into the block and put the adjuster nut back on. Then I just tensioned the cables by tightening the nuts, following the youtube cable install video. The in cable was also very loose and needed to be tensioned. Now all is working again and we can move onto the next stop.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:10 PM   #3
K_N_L

Glad to hear ya got it fixed. A bit of ingenuity as well. I've been keeping an eye on my main slide as it gets more age on it. Having watched the video on how they set it at the factory and I generally got the premise. But they dont have any trim in the way and have the right wrenches in hand and do it all the time.

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:25 AM   #4
{tpc}

Glad its fixed, and now I am glad we have a shower tension rod in the trailer holding up a shower curtain.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:44 AM   #5
xrated

I'll make a suggestion to you. Probably sooner rather than later, buy some 1/4" - 20 nuts and put one on every adjustment rod and lock them down against the adjuster nut. Their foam blocks are a joke anyway....just throw them in the trash after you lock the adjusters down. You can also find the maint.manual online and download it, if you don't already have it. It gives a pretty decent description of how the system works and how to adjust it properly

Here is the link to that page.....
https://norcoind.com/bal/products/oe...de/index.shtml

Scroll down to the part where you can click on a download, and select the service manual.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:43 AM   #6
jholden

Yeah, I was going to go buy a 2X4 and cut it, but then I remembered a shower rod could be adjusted to any length, and we happened to have one already as well.

Tags
slide, slide out