Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #1
Fastback

New from Massachusetts

Hi, I just joined. I own a 2001 Larado 5th wheel. We just bought the unit. It seemed to be is decent condition and the price was right. The unit is a 29', I believe the model is a 27KR. It was listed as a handy man special.

My wife and I are trying to the unit ready for the upcoming season. It needed just a little more work then we thought it would and maybe we should have shot for a newer unit, but we have what we have and will make it as good as it can be.

Our tow vehicle is a 2008 Ford, F250 SD, 4WD with a 6.8L gas engine. The truck has just turned 40K. The body is an extend a cab.

I know I'll have a few questions and look for ward to asking them.

Oh, we are not totally new to RVing we have owned a several units in the past but this is our first 5th wheel.

I know a little about campers having worked as an RV mechanic ( didn't call them RV tech's back then) and service manger in the past (about 40 years ago).
Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:59 PM   #2
frano

Welcome. We're from Western MA and we're new to Keystone. Next weekend will be our first camping experience with the new rig. Great site with lots of good info here.
frano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:42 AM   #3
RICNTONI

Welcome from the worcester ma area, just joined myself, if your new to fifth wheeling, make sure that you have a sliding hitch if you dont have an eight foot bed. Be sure to slide back your unit when turning tight corners, i learned the hard way with my last fifth wheel simply making a tight turn in a parking lot, came an inch away from blowing out the back window. Enjoy the summer
RICNTONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:57 AM   #4
GaryWT

Hey Welcome from the North Shore of MA. We are new to Keystone as well, buying over the winter. Our first trip is planned for May 10th. Cannot wait to get out there and see how it goes.

Good luck on getting ready so you can get some camping in.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:22 AM   #5
gregrc75

Welcome from southeastern MA! Have fun fixing it up and enjoy it!

Greg
2022 Cougar 25RDS
2024 GMC Sierra 2500HD gas
Fairhaven, MA
gregrc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:26 PM   #6
E597283

Seekonk, MA here! Went to DC for April vacation but first local trip to Normandy Farms will be 5/17 to 5/19

2011 Keystone Passport 2910BH Ltd. Edition

2007 Yukon XL Denali, 6.2 liter
E597283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #7
Fastback

Hey, thanks for the welcome. I am also from South Eastern MA. in Attleboro.

One of the first things I sis was to install a sliding hitch, I have a 15K Pro Series. I also bought the custom installation kit. It went in well. Also installed the wiring.

My plan is to get the camper road worthy by June 1st. Still have a lot of work to do. I'm retired so all of my time is devoted to getting this thing ready.
Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote