Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2020, 10:32 AM   #1
cj_rezz

1st post, new 2013 Passport 238ML Owner Questions

Hi all,

This is my first post here as we just purchased a 2013 Passport 238ML. We previously owned a 2006 Jayco 23B Hybrid trailer and got tired of dealing with the bunks (set-up, take-down, cold nights and constantly worrying it was going to rain the day of take-down).

I have a couple questions specific to this trailer I'm hoping y'all can answer:

1) The vent above the stove isn't vented outside. This seems odd to us coming from the Jayco that was. Is this an issue? Could a shop install a vent to the outside or is there a stud in the way?

2) There is a roof vent in the middle of the trailer but it doesn't have a fan. Is a fan able to be installed here? Is it, by chance, pre-wired for a fan but a fan wasn't installed?

3) The outside light is pretty dim, has anyone installed an aftermarket LED strip under the awning?

4) Is the roof walkable? If so, is a ladder able to be installed?

5) The outside storage doors are pretty flimsy and the locks have a hard time getting a firm grip on the flimsy door. Is there anything that can be done to rectify this? I was thinking of putting cylinder key locks on with some extra washers to spread the force of the locks out more. Would be very large washers though which I'm not sure where I would find.

6) I'd love to find a way to prop the head of the walk around bed at the front up like a lounger. Has anyone done this? I thinking of a piece of plywood at the head of the bed that would lift up and lock in to place similar to how the foot of the bed lifts up to access the storage underneath.

Those were my main questions. Love the trailer and looking forward to not dealing with a hybrid anymore!
cj_rezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:28 PM   #2
travelin texans

#1 not vented outside is fairly typical on entry level RVs, not sure about adding.
#2 take vent trim down & check for wiring, could get power from a nearby light fixture.
#3 take the cover off, in 7-8 years it may just be full of dirt or ruined by the sun. As for LEDS that's your choice to add or not.
#4 no ladder usually indicates not walkable, also typical on entry level rvs & wouldn't add one, buy a portable to reach what's necessary & use a couple 2'x2' pieces of plywood or foam to spread your weight if on the roof.
#5 & 6 with a little ingenuity anything's possible.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
passport