Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #21
LuvsPalmTrees

We love the state campgrounds in Michigan. We have never stayed at one with full hook up but we use the facilities to shower in so we don't load our grey tanks. We have camped at several Yogi Bear Campgrounds (Traverse City and Frankenmuth), a few KOA's (Mackinaw and Port Huron). They all have a lot to do and a lot of special events for children. Port Huron KOA has a train, hay rides, stores, movies and an old western town. Really fun.
LuvsPalmTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:29 PM   #22
Whitewolf

Anyone going to Brimley State Park from this forum, stop in at the IGA across the street. I work there. The coffee and cappuccino are on me, ice cream or Slushy for the young ones. I'm there most days M-F til 2pm. If after that time, I'm not far I can come back.

Ask for Ron. Seriously, would love to see someone face to face.

'14 Montana High Country 305RL - Reese Goose Box - Morryde HD shackles & wet bolts - JoyRider shocks - JT StrongArms - Torklift steps - Correct Track - Progressive EMS-HW50C - Clear Source water filter - On The Go water softener
'21 Ram 3500 w/6.7 Cummins - Sinister Diesel oil bypass
Whitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:40 AM   #23
CrazyCain

Resurrect an old post thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
South Higgins Lake also has some full hookup sites, but they are usually hard to get without reservations. Actually, almost all the state park campground sites are booked weeks and/or months in advance, especially those with attractions that are popular.

Hey John, isn't Hartwick Pines close to you? We are going there the end of April for 4 days. Ever been there? Thoughts?

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:08 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCain View Post
Hey John, isn't Hartwick Pines close to you? We are going there the end of April for 4 days. Ever been there? Thoughts?
Tom,

We have not camped at Hartwick Pines. We did spend some time there (when the campgrounds were closed) making snow shoes and doing a couple of "tree disease seminars". From what I saw, it's a nice place, we just haven't had the occasion to camp there. We do pass it on I-75 and every time I think: "we should plan a week there" but so far, just haven't done it yet....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 12:19 PM   #25
Whitewolf

Well I must say a lot has changed since my post on this thread 6 years ago. The biggest being I no longer own that store. So in light of that fact, I can not make good on my promise of buying you a coffee. 🤣
Whitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:19 PM   #26
tech740

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCain View Post
That is one of our favorite state parks. Very clean and set back a bit. E love watching the northern lights from the campsites

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 05:22 AM   #27
CrazyCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech740 View Post
That is one of our favorite state parks. Very clean and set back a bit. E love watching the northern lights from the campsites
Well, hopefully we will get lucky and see those wonders!! Seen them a few times and just WOW..best was up at Brockway Mountain in Cooper Harbor...

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 07:26 AM   #28
JRTJH
Site Team

We've got two 160 acre fields at the "bend in the road" about a half mile from our house. We take the RZR and a couple of lawn chairs to those fields and have an unobstructed view of the northern sky. Some nights there's enough light to see deer and elk grazing in the fields, illuminated by the moon and the northern lights. Other nights, a dazzling array of red, orange, blue, violet and green light up the sky for hours while the earth is so dark that it blends into the sky.

Truly an awe inspiring way to contemplate just how insignificant this little planet really is, in the vast universe we live in.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote