Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2017, 11:35 AM   #1
Manderson

2017 Springdale

I recently purchased a new Springdale travel trailer and while washing it noticed a split vent pipe flange on top of the roof. I informed my dealership and even sent them pictures of the problem. I got no response. I had a trip planned and didn't want water leaking I paid 200 dollars out of pocket. I again informed dealership and they seem to care less. Of course after I saw how terrible their work was on installing my max air covers. I don't want them touching it. The vent pipe was spliced and there was no way it would allow the flange to fit properly which is why it broke. Obviously the person who installed from factory knew they damaged it and didn't care. Is there a way to bypass the dealership and get reimbursed for the money I shouldn't have had to spend?
Manderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:51 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Keystone will only work with you through the dealer. That is the reason it is imperative that a person buying a new trailer makes sure that the dealer is top notch and customer oriented.

As for the issue, it sounds as if it should have been covered under warranty. Hopefully you, or the dealer, took pictures of the problem. The only way for Keystone to cover it is for the dealer to be your advocate with them and show them that it was indeed a manufacturing defect. If I were you I would be in direct contact with either the service manager, GM or owner to get this resolved.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:10 PM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

This may be a tough one, based on my experience reimbursements follow a previous approval to do the work. From what I understand because you were concerned and had not got a response from the dealer you went ahead and had it fixed. Sounds like you do not have a cozy relationship with the dealer which is not going to help. It may come down to a interpretation of the urgency of needing it fixed now.. Hopefully you have documentation on the initial exchange with the dealer. That along with your bill can be submitted in a letter requesting reimbursement to the dealer and/or Keystone. Good Luck
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:56 AM   #4
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manderson View Post
Of course after I saw how terrible their work was on installing my max air covers. I don't want them touching it.
The more I've been reading about dealership workmanship, the happier I am that I installed a MaxxAir Deluxe fan on my trailer. I've seen videos on youtube of dealer work and was appalled. As the proverb goes, "If you want it done right, ..." As far as getting your time and money rightly reimbursed, well, I wish you all the luck. Dealers don't sit well with me.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
springdale