Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2017, 04:00 PM   #1
msubobcats

We sort of messed up...

With the house selling, packing up 95% of our belongings, then then the deal falling through, the massive winter and hardly being able to find the 5th Wheel under all the snow (well maybe not quite that bad) our 1 year warranty lapsed. It was only about five days ago that I could even get it out of the driveway. With everything going on we just got forgetful.
Will we have to give up our next two or three birthdays to get a policy for the 5th wheel? What hoops might we have to jump through?
Thanks...
msubobcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:15 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Go to Good Sam's website and check. I believe they sell "extended warranty" options for any RV owner. There's no requirement that you still be "in factory warranty" to buy one.... I'd suggest that if you really "have your heart set" on getting one, compare all the offerings, read the "fine print" (exclusions) and choose wisely. There are as many "scams" out there as there are "good investments".... BUYER BEWARE !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:39 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

I think John is correct. I have Good Sam's extended warranty which I purchased when I bought the trailer. I don't think that is a requirement. There are several places I believe that sell extended warranties for RVs. Some are shady in my opinion. Good Sam is one of the largest RV associated companies there is....and they are also part of the Camping World network. Their involvement with RVs, and RV owners, on a daily, massive scale is why I went with them. Be sure and read the fine print and know what you are getting and what is required of you for the warranty to be effective.

All that said, many folks don't buy extended warranties for very justifiable reasons. In your case, if you've not even taken the trailer out to break it in and see what's broke, you might really want to read that fine print. Having an extended warranty that just fixes major items but none of the smaller stuff might not be what you want. Good luck.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:40 PM   #4
theeyres

Really look closely at what is covered. For the price of a typical warranty you can fix a lot of stuff, Many warranties have hidden exclusions like if you don't take it in every six months for a check over (at your expense) they end up excluding all sorts of things.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote