Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2016, 01:00 PM   #1
Fwpart

Hideout 28BHS

Curious,

I've looked on YouTube, reached out to dealer and reached out to manufacturer too, any videos or pics of winterizing/de-winterizing a 2015 hideout 28 BHS. I realize the process is the same for the most part, but I like comparing apples to apples. I find videos of trailers of different makes etc but nothing for the Hideout's. Keystone doesn't have them either, just general videos. Figured I'd ask the pros on this forum as my last resort. Thank you in advance.
2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Express 4X4 with Hemi 5.7
Crew Cab fitted with Airlift 1000
Fwpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:53 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Fletch-
Are you looking for some specific information about winterizing your '15 HideoutBHS or general information about the whole process??

You are correct in that the process is pretty much the same for all makes and models - that is why there is no published information or videos on each individual model.

Hopefully, someone with the same model/year will chime in and help you with any specific information you are looking for. Otherwise, the "basics" are almost identical.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:43 PM   #3
Fwpart

the process itself seems pretty consistent. I just wish someone had pics of the hideout bypass for water heater etc or any specifics associated with the Hideout. This is my first trailer and never done it before and I guess I'll just use trial and error and figure it out. Just didn't know if anyone had something for this particular model. Just trying to remove the doubt I cast in my own mind sometimes. lol
Old 01-20-2016, 01:17 PM   #4
Stan3718

I have a 14' 28BHS. Great TT so far and honestly, I did the same thing with watching videos. Feel free to ask any questions.
Stan3718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:58 PM   #5
Ken / Claudia

Even that the owners manual is general. It will tell you how to do it. Maybe a quick phone call to your dealers service would help with something about your trailer. If your want to know about just the water tank valve. 1st Know where the tank is, it is by the outside door tank door. Than go inside and look where the tank is, under cabinets etc. and there will be a panel that needs to be removed (unscrewed) to get the the tank. Now you are looking at the rear of the tank and the water lines. The valve is there. It is on unless winterized. Turn it the only way it will go and that is off. No need to screw that panel back in place. Before you camp you need to turn the valve back.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:25 AM   #6
cw3jason

Picture of Bypass, not specifically your trailer, but it should help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water heater bypass.jpg
Views:	1163
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	9916  
B&W Patriot 16k fifth wheel hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:50 AM   #7
5Cent

I will get some pictures, but it is very easy to do with the 28bhs.

1. Turn off city water and disconnect hose, or turn off 12v pump.
2. Drain freshwater tank.
3. Drain hot water heater.
4. Open low point drains.
5. Open all faucets & tub/showers....inside and out.
6. Take a break and drink a cold one to allow things to drip and decide if you'll be filling the water system with antifreeze through the city water inlet with a pump, or by dumping antifreeze into the fresh water tank. Makes no difference. I use the fresh water tank all the time to keep it fresh, but put antifreeze in through the city port. Old campers I just used fresh water tank for both.
7. Close low point drains, fresh water tank drain, faucets (inside and out).
8. Remove cheap divider under kitchen sink by removing the 4 screws in the base. Align divider to get out of cabinet and set aside.
9. Find the 2 lines coming out of the hot water tank. There will be a pipe connecting the 2. Locate the valve and turn it so its perpendicular to the pipe. Do the same for the bottom and top pipes.
10. Start pumping antifreeze into city port or into fresh water tank to pressure the system. Go to each faucet and run until pink comes out.
11. Once all faucets are pink, a little more down each drain and into the toilet and you're done.
12. Drink another cold one.

2015 Keystone Hideout 28BHS, Equalizer 1,000/10,000
RIP:1997 Fleetwood Prowler 26-T
RIP1983 Fleetwood Wilderness
5Cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:50 AM   #8
Fwpart

Thanks guys, this is great. Sometimes I just need a confidence boosters. I work off check lists and try to to have a full proof regimented routine. OCD I guess. Picks and descriptions combined with hands on experience is what allows me to be successful with projects. If you got pics, I'll take em! Thank you!
Old 01-27-2016, 09:58 AM   #9
Agram1

Kudos to guys/gals up north, here in central Texas we don't have to do major winterizing. Just drain the water from all the lines including water heater and we are done. Hope all is well during Jonas mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agram1 is offline   Reply With Quote