Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2015, 09:42 AM   #1
GMcKenzie

Flojet water pump issues

My water pump is loud and seems to struggle before shutting off. I have a Flojet 035526 pump and am wondering if there is a quiet upgrade. I also have an accumulator tank and I am not sure the pump likes it. I have it out right now (do you know it is a bad idea to disconnect the outlet side of the oump when you have a tank and don't release the pressure) and took it apart. There is nothing odd in it. Also all the hoses go through the floor through a bunch of foam so not much I can do on that end to quiet it.

When running, it seems to draw the battery down to 2 lights. I have 2 brand new 6 volts so they are fine.

Is there an upgrade to this one?

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:15 AM   #2
SkiSmuggs

I replaced my noisy Flojet with a Shurflo Revolution. Much quieter plus it has the standard winterizing kit connections that the Flojet doesn't have. I got mine on sale at CW for about $80 and it is worth every cent.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:52 PM   #3
Irving Ray

Did the same thing , The Sureflow was so much quitter . Use the Flowjet for a salmon sinker .
Old 06-15-2015, 04:07 PM   #4
GMcKenzie

Hmmm. I'll see if I can get a picture of the install as I'm not sure how easy it will be to replace with all the lines pretty more glued in place.

And the winterizing was one of the things I likes about this setup. Pop off the supply hose, pop on the winterizing hose and I could suck through a gallon with no issues.

Anyway, is there much of a difference between the 4008 and the 4028 or 4048?

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote