Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #1
MacinAfgn

Propane Cover hardware failing...IDEAS?

Anyone else seeing an issue with the propane cover hardware. After towing I went to take the propane cover off my Cougar 28RBS and the metal bracket is missing a screw...the cap portion which holds the rubber handle. What's more.... I can't see where you can get to the rear of the bracket to replace the screw properly as it's behind the cap.... any ideas? Would a larger screw just make a bigger problem?
MacinAfgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 03:22 PM   #2
GaryWT

What type of cover do you have. I have the white plastic cover that slips over the tanks. I have the little door on top that clips on one side and has two screws to tighten on the other. When I look up the cougar it looks the same only black rather than white. Is you set up different?
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:07 PM   #3
MacinAfgn

This is the fiberglass "door"-like cover that is sort of aerodynamic. On the actual fiberglass front cap of the trailer it's open around the tongus and tanks and you cover the tanks with a removable tank cover. The u-shaped bracket is simply screwed through the fiberglass. I think I may just put some epoxy behind the bracket and screw it back in place rather than try to make a larger screw hole.
MacinAfgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:14 PM   #4
340_Formula_S

340_Formula_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:08 PM   #5
GaryWT

I have seen that type from afar but have never had one. Good luck on getting it fixed.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote