Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2021, 02:37 PM   #61
DDuncan51

I was given a Weber Babyque, about 15 years ago. It's still going strong. I love it. I think it's called Q100 now. I don't leave home without it.
DDuncan51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:13 PM   #62
Troutbound1

Gas grill

I have a camp chef 2 burner big gas grill.
I have a grill box,pizza oven and flat top as far as accessories go. Its quite a versatile system .
Troutbound1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 10:09 PM   #63
sierraman68

I removed the Keystone supplied Capitol Grill from the outside kitchen and replaced it with a two burner Camp Chef stove. I also travel with a Weber Q1000 for grilling.
Old 02-05-2021, 01:14 AM   #64
ralanis6

Grill

I use a Blackstone 22" Griddle, 12ft propane hose, and quick connect it to my gas line. Works great!
ralanis6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 08:27 AM   #65
Camping family

I use the black stone 17 inch. My rig has an outside kitchen and I removed the grill that came with it and was able to put the BS in it place. Only regrade wish I would of went with the 22 inch. Best thing is your food doesn’t fall through the grates and all the juices stay
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 08:42 AM   #66
sourdough
Site Team

I had previously posted that I took a Green Mountain grill Davy Crockett pellet smoker with me among my cooking "stuff". Well, I hate to harp on it again BUT I tried something on it last evening that I had been thinking about - a PIZZA!

I will try to keep my usually long posts rather short so....it was great! A pizza stone in the smoker (12"x15") makes short work of cooking it - cooks fast, looks great and tastes great....and saves propane during this time of year. I did buy a pizza peeler that sure makes it easier.

Thought I'd throw that out there for folks that like pizza and like to spend the time making their own and baking it. So in addition to smoking whatever kinds of meats you like you can make pizza, grill steaks/pork chops/sausage etc. and whatever other ideas you can come up with. It will rank right there with the Blackstone for a versatile "do it all" kind of bbq device IMO.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:39 AM   #67
BrooksFam

Been making pizza on the grill for years, even on my camp stove...….Its the best.
Years ago when camping we would have the kids make their own on English muffin halves then grill them. Now we make them on the Traeger.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pizza 8-25-19.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	31857   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pizza 8-15-19.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	31858  
EAZ-Lift Recurve R3 #1200

BrooksFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 12:22 PM   #68
FlyingAroundRV

We have this one by Smoke Hollow. Bought from Menards IIRC.
It's perfect for pizza.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2279C32E-727C-4470-8961-58E16B7CF0D2.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	31860  
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 12:33 PM   #69
KenG

I have the Weber Q2200, and very happy with it.
KenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 07:15 AM   #70
UKLimey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDuncan51 View Post
I was given a Weber Babyque, about 15 years ago. It's still going strong. I love it. I think it's called Q100 now. I don't leave home without it.

Same here- we have had ours since 2010 and it is still going strong. I made adapters so that I can use the direct supply from the RV without using the built in regulator, and have a quick disconnect that allows me to switch to the small cylinder if needed. We love it.
Our Website
UKLimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 08:16 AM   #71
Gumby52

GMG pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I had previously posted that I took a Green Mountain grill Davy Crockett pellet smoker with me among my cooking "stuff". Well, I hate to harp on it again BUT I tried something on it last evening that I had been thinking about - a PIZZA!

I will try to keep my usually long posts rather short so....it was great! A pizza stone in the smoker (12"x15") makes short work of cooking it - cooks fast, looks great and tastes great....and saves propane during this time of year. I did buy a pizza peeler that sure makes it easier.

Thought I'd throw that out there for folks that like pizza and like to spend the time making their own and baking it. So in addition to smoking whatever kinds of meats you like you can make pizza, grill steaks/pork chops/sausage etc. and whatever other ideas you can come up with. It will rank right there with the Blackstone for a versatile "do it all" kind of bbq device IMO.
Danny- I'm intrigued now...and hungry. I've got the Davy Crockett too. Did you get a stone that size or is it the GMG pizza oven attachment? What temp and time do you use?

Thanks
Gary

Gary & Judy
and of course the 2 shelties
2018 Cougar Half-Ton 22RBS
2017 F-250 6.2L
Gumby52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 09:01 AM   #72
Gumby52

When we're camping we hardly ever cook inside, soo...

We've got a Coleman XT 200 portable stove, a Blackstone 17" griddle (I also have the 22" just for home), a Smoke Hollow portable gas grill and a GMG Davy Crockett.

The Coleman and Smoke Hollow are fed from a propane tree attached to an auxiliary 20# tank, the Blackstone has the quick connect to the trailer and the GMG just needs an outlet and my phone to do all it's goodness.

I used to go camping for the hiking, exploration and adventure - now I go for the food.

Gary

Gary & Judy
2017 F-250 6.2L
Old 02-06-2021, 09:20 AM   #73
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby52 View Post
Danny- I'm intrigued now...and hungry. I've got the Davy Crockett too. Did you get a stone that size or is it the GMG pizza oven attachment? What temp and time do you use?

Thanks
Gary

Gary I bought a 12 x 15 pizza stone from Amazon made from Cordierite. Everything I read said it was sturdier than the regular stone and could withstand thermal shock. Fits right inside the smoker on the grates. I opted not to buy the pizza oven attachment because it looked like it required the pizza to be awful small and didn't really want to have to make a half dozen of the....I like pizza.

I am not a pizza making expert in a smoker (or anywhere else probably) and I've done it twice now. First time I started the dough on a pizza pan in the oven to stiffen it up, topped it and put it in the smoker at 450 for maybe 10-12 minutes (I just popped the top to look at the crust and toppings). 450 was too hot. 400 worked better and made a good pizza. I don't like using the oven to prep the crust so I'm going to try parchment paper the next go round and take the dough from the peeler into the smoker on the parchment paper and then remove the paper after 5 minutes or so when it will come off the dough.

Still working on the process but it is a boatload of fun working it out and beats the heck out of trying to make one in the oven no matter if it IS winter. No matter what I do it seems my pizza always melts cheese off the edges into the oven then stinks up the trailer next time we turn it on for something - not an issue with the smoker. If you like pizza I would give it a whirl; I think the stone was something like $35.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 09:59 AM   #74
Gumby52

Thanks Danny-
Now I'm really hungry for pizza. This may be a little off the original topic, but in case anyone else likes pizza..... I do have a stone for my gas grill at home - just too big for the GMG, but I use a couple of pizza screens from Amazon, start the pizza on the screen and after 2-3 minutes its stiff enough to go directly onto the stone. I think you can get a pack of 6 for $17.00 on Prime. No muss, no fuss and they clean up easily.

Gary

Gary & Judy
2017 F-250 6.2L
Old 02-07-2021, 06:19 AM   #75
BrooksFam

Is there a "Whats on the Grill" type thread here?? There is on other forums I'm on. Its a good place to post your grilling prowess and share your griil experiences. I can start one if there isn't. I love to grill...……….

Old 02-07-2021, 07:37 AM   #76
Camping family

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksFam View Post
Is there a "Whats on the Grill" type thread here?? There is on other forums I'm on. Its a good place to post your grilling prowess and share your griil experiences. I can start one if there isn't. I love to grill...……….
I haven’t seen one but you could start one thinking that would be great
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 08:19 AM   #77
BrooksFam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping family View Post
I haven’t seen one but you could start one thinking that would be great
I searched and didn't find one, so unless someone else says different, I'll start one later today. Get your grillin pictures ready to post. I'll be grilling wings, brats and potato skins today for the SB...………..

Old 02-07-2021, 08:57 AM   #78
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Quote:
I searched and didn't find one, so unless someone else says different, I'll start one later today. Get your grillin pictures ready to post. I'll be grilling wings, brats and potato skins today for the SB...………..
There is a "community group" specifically to discuss "cooking while camping". It's located here: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...php?groupid=17 I'd add that the last active (inactive) entry was in 2013, so it's not a "dynamic, active group" but in response to your question about if there is a place on the forum to discuss cooking, equipment, menus and preparing camping meals, yes there is such a place.

There are also several threads that have been started over the years, aimed to share menus, recipes and hints on easy meals while camping. They tend to "blossom periodically" then like most, "wilt and die on the vine", only to surface again when the time is right....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 08:42 AM   #79
christiaanvandenberg

I have been using a 2 burner Camp Chef with a grill box and a griddle for years. It works fine. I took the regulator off and replaced it with a longer gas line with a male quick connect so that it can connect to the trailer directly. I can also just put a pan or pot on the burners if I do not want to cook inside.
Bullet 248 RKS
christiaanvandenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:45 AM   #80
B-O-B'03

I have the Weber Q 2200 and modified it to plug into the camper gas port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
Related question.... do you all just run off of the rv propane or do you have a small propane bottle just for the grill?
I added a second gas port on the camper, so I could use the outdoor kitchen gas cook top and the Weber at the same time.

I also modified the original regulator for the Weber so I could use it with a standard propane tank, for times when I wanted to use the grill without the camper.

I have since connected the outdoor cook top directly and can use the second port to run my Blackstone gas fire pit.

-Brian

Tags
gas