Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2021, 10:53 AM   #1
Cdentler

Why Keystone....?!

I have a 2018 crossroads sunset trail. I was having some issues with the water heater and after figuring out that the thermostat is bad I started looking for it. I was informed by the dealer that it is a 2006 water heater! Why in the hell do they put a 2006 water heater in a 2018 camper? This frustrates me to NO END because now you cannot hardly find any of these parts... Has anyone else had these issues with keystone? They will be hearing from me tomorrow and i'm expecting an updated water heater for my 2018 camper for free! The water heater that is currently in there is a GC6AA-10E and label says MFG Date: 06/06. I also bought my camper brand new from a dealer in houston so I know that it was not swapped out.
This is BS!
Cdentler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 11:29 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Maybe I'm missing something but isn't Crossroads made by......Crossroads? Why would Keystone have anything to do with it?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 11:44 AM   #3
Cdentler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Maybe I'm missing something but isn't Crossroads made by......Crossroads? Why would Keystone have anything to do with it?
Keystone owns crossroads. That’s really one of the only reason I was comfortable buying an “off brand” because I thought the standards would be equivalent to an actual name brand keystone camper.
Old 02-28-2021, 11:51 AM   #4
bobbecky

Crossroads is a Thor company, just like Keystone is a Thor company, so they are independent of each other at their level. Don't think either one wants to hear about issues with the other one's trailers, or can do anything about it.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 11:55 AM   #5
Cdentler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
Crossroads is a Thor company, just like Keystone is a Thor company, so they are independent of each other at their level. Don't think either one wants to hear about issues with the other one's trailers, or can do anything about it.
According to the label on the camper. Sorry the picture is kind of bad but it says manufactured by Keystone RV in Gosher
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BD7A9173-6583-4166-87F3-AF63564908A4.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	32202  
Old 02-28-2021, 12:03 PM   #6
77cruiser
Gone Traveling

Just looked up Thor company they're involved in a lot. Only reason I looked was I used to have a Dutchman.

The company owns many well-known RV brands, including Airstream, CrossRoads, Cruiser RV, Dutchmen, Jayco, Starcraft, and Thor Motor Coach. In June 2016, Thor acquired Jayco, which included the Jayco, Starcraft, Highland Ridge, and Entegra Coach brands.Nov 21, 2017
77cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:19 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

I believe that Thor has recently (in the last couple of years) assigned Crossroads/Redwood Industries to the Keystone corporate brand.

It's very similar to the Dutchman/Keystone relationship. Essentially, all of Keystone's brands, Dutchman and all of Redwood's brands are "independently managed with Keystone exercising broad corporate management responsibility"... I think, what that means "in English" is that Keystone takes care of warranty processing, human relations (401-K, health care and payroll, etc) and negotiates the component orders for trailer builds (to get more volume and reduced contract pricing)...

As for why a 2006 water heater was installed in a 2017 Crossroads trailer that was built "before Keystone assumed the management responsibility.... Well, that would be anybody's wildest guess....

So, possibly, contact Keystone Monday morning and ask... My guess is, you'll likely feel and hear their shoulders shrug as they try to find the answer....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone