Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2019, 03:53 PM   #1
NWShark

2014 Cougar 33RBI - one or two gray tanks

So we're out on our first trip with our new to us 2014 Cougar 33RBI and we're not sure if we have one or two gray tanks. Our tank 1 shows full and tank 2 is empty. Does 1 tank handle the kitchen and 1 do the bathroom? Or is the sensor likely just clogged. We're at a state park with no water or sewer hookups so we're running off our fresh water tank. I'm concerned that I'll fill the tank but can't figure it out? Is there an easy way to tell bc it's got the polar package so I can't see the tanks under it.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric Finn
NWShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 04:05 PM   #2
LHaven

Do you have one or two sewer-pipe connections with valve handles on your rig? If you have two, you have two tanks. If you have one, you either have one tank (most likely), or you may have two tanks with transfer plumbing (possible).
Old 06-30-2019, 04:30 PM   #3
NWShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Do you have one or two sewer-pipe connections with valve handles on your rig? If you have two, you have two tanks. If you have one, you either have one tank (most likely), or you may have two tanks with transfer plumbing (possible).
We have two handles, one gray, one black. I know the status center has 2 listed as it's probably standard in all units.
NWShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 04:33 PM   #4
LHaven

I should've been clearer. One of the pipes will always have two handles on it. There may be another pipe further forward with one handle on it. Mine is under the slide so it's really difficult to see if you're set up. If that second pipe is there, you definitely have two gray tanks.
Old 06-30-2019, 04:39 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

I'm pretty sure you have 2 gray tanks. Look more closely for them, and for me, forget the sensors - find the handles to the tanks, drain them and then log how long, how much you can use it in a normal fashion before draining.

Mine has the black and bathroom drain handles close together and labeled on the side. My galley tank is further back down the side (with a little label saying there's one there) and it sticks out thru the side of the frame. I figure you will find it hidden somewhere up around the frame and probably in front/behind/in back of the tires.

Get a clear connection/elbow for your sewer line once you find the valve, wait a day or so (if everything is showing full) and dump the black tank first noting how much came out (you DO want it to be pretty much full so you don't leave solids just sitting). Run your black tank flush for 15 min. or so then dump each gray tank and note the amount of water coming from them. You'll probably have to get under the trailer with a light to find the handle.....or it's fell off.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 05:14 PM   #6
Huntme

I have a 2011 Keystone Hideout 30 Rkswe it has 2 gray water tanks,and one Black water tank,I'm not sure if yours is set up like mine,but my 2nd gray water tank is in the back of my trailer,behind the Axles of my trailer.
if that info helps.
Huntme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, tank