Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2020, 07:32 AM   #1
GeneB

Hideout Grey Tank Overflow

Trailer: 2015 Hideout 26RLS Bought trailer 2 years ago

Problem: Grey water filling up under trailer

Background: Spent 6 weks in FLorida starting Dec 2019. Everyting working until 3rd week in December when we noticed water dripping under trailer. excessive bulge in panels under trailer where water was dripping out by rear door. put 5 gal pail under to catch water & filled pail twice. Pushed on panels and still felt like water in them. Drilled houl in panel by leak & more water drained out. ALso drilled hole in panel by drain valves & water drained out.

Didn't know where water was coming from but it looked to be grey water on ground. Pulled pannels at shower basin, bathroom sink & outdoor shower, No sign of any water leaking. I was outside drinking a cold one and saw water leaking under trailer again. Wife was in shower at this time. Drained grey tank and leaking stopped. Thinking back we never used the tank sensor lights because they were always at 3/4 full. We had been draing tank when sink would not drain (about every 3 days). I hadn,t drained the tank in about 5 days. We concluded leak was at top of tank somewhere.
Something happened while parked in Florida during our stay to cause leak but don't know what. Started draining tank every 2nd day & no more problems.

We are back in Michigan now but trailer is stored i Florida until March when we go back down. We will be ther for month of March then bringing trailer home for summer.

Plan on removing panels under trailer when we geet home and have lots of time.

Any thoughts on where the leak could be & what could have caused problem?

I have another water problem I will put in another post.
GeneB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 07:40 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Just a WAG but I’m thinking either the inlet to the tank or the vent pipe seal has failed. You won’t be able to verify either without dropping the tank. HOT water and Dawn ultra blue May clean the sensors so they will work again, I have a 98% success rate.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:00 AM   #3
GeneB

Project for summer when I get back home.
Do you need to put 32 gal of hot water in tank to soak sensors? Where do I get that much hot water in RV park?
GeneB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:37 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

operate the water heater until it shuts off so you know you have 6 gal of HOT water. Choose any sink that drains into the gray tank. Fill it 1/2 way with HOT water and add a 1/4 bottle of Dawn. then pull the plug and let it run..

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:38 AM   #5
Carl n Susan

More likely the top of the tank has separated (it is only glued) from the tub due to being overfilled. A pretty common problem. You might be able to find it if you drop the coroplast, fill the tank and look for water.
Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hideout, tank