Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2015, 10:18 AM   #1
dmullen

What Happened to my Slide!

Tries to put the slide out and heard some strange noises so I stopped and tried to bring it back in and heard the noises again so I stopped. Upon inspection I found this......

This is how far out the slide is at the moment...

I don't wan to move it again because that hinge you see is one of the door hinges to the bathroom door and I'm scared it will cause even more damage. I've already contacted the dealer and he told me they will take care of it. Someone from the dealership will be out next week. I'm just wondering what happened.
dmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:09 AM   #2
Hollywood 2979

maybe slide track off a tooth on one side
Hollywood 2979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:08 PM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

Can't say much without knowing make and model of trailer. Could be cable operated, mechanical or hydraulic but definitely looks like an adjustment is needed to realign it. Hope you are still under warranty so everything gets fixed to your satisfaction. JM2˘, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:43 PM   #4
Ken / Claudia

We can guess. All we know is from photos that need some explaining as to what is it your showing besides a slide and door hinges. Sounds like what ever it is and what ever the problem the dealer is getting to it which is most important. Let us know what happened and how it gets repaired.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:33 AM   #5
dmullen

Sorry, I thought I had the camper info in a signature. I have a 2014 Bullet 246RBS.

The pictures are if you were inside looking straight ahead at the slide. The problem is on the left side between the wall and the slide. The second picture is looking down at it. Whatever the small wood box looking part is where the wood is breaking. The dealer said a cable problem was his first thought but since my slide doesn't run on cables he had no ideas what happened. He is going to take care of it and will have a couple of guys out next week to check it out and take it in to be repaired. It's technically only 6 months old although it sat on the lot a while.

I will keep everyone posted. Hopefully it's nothing major. I don't think it is.
dmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:30 PM   #6
hankpage
Site Team

Looking at your floorplan, I would guess that something in the kitchen slide jammed and caused the slide to kick to one side. Your warranty should start from when YOU took possession not the dealer. Realignment is a simple fix but getting replacement parts for the damaged trim may take awhile. Good luck and let us know the outcome, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote