Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2019, 06:55 PM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayovelez View Post
John,

Both the new and the old antisiphon rattle. I opted on putting in the new B&B one which is the one Keystone uses. It is driving me crazy because a week ago or so I was rinsing tank with no issues, working as intended. Parked the camper for 1 week with about 1/2 tank full drove from portland to Olympia and now my rinser does not work. I flushed my tank yesterday via toilet until water came out clean and tank level showed empty. Pushed air on the outflow side for a coiuple of hours and it is not working.
Just to be clear, BOTH the old and the new valves do not work ??? The way your response reads, it's possible your system worked a week ago, you changed the valve and now it doesn't??? I'm thinking you meant to say BOTH valves do not work, but it's not clear...

If both valves don't work to deliver water to the nozzle, then I'd agree with chuckster, time for some "enzyme action"... If that doesn't work, then it's "make a best guess where the nozzle is, cut a flap in the coroplast and change out the nozzle. It's held in place with 2 stainless screws (3 on some models) and lots of sealant....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 08:03 PM   #22
AlaskaJeff

Along the same issue, I flush my tank on occasion and have two questions: 1) about how long should it take for water to flow once being turned on? 2) how much water (approximately) should flow?

On my 2012 Cougar Xlite 26SAB it takes several minutes for water to flow and when it does, it seems to just be a bit more than a trickle.

Thanks.
AlaskaJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:10 PM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaJeff View Post
Along the same issue, I flush my tank on occasion and have two questions: 1) about how long should it take for water to flow once being turned on? 2) how much water (approximately) should flow?

On my 2012 Cougar Xlite 26SAB it takes several minutes for water to flow and when it does, it seems to just be a bit more than a trickle.

Thanks.
There is an excellent video of what you can expect to be spraying inside your black tank on U Tube. Go to about the 4:30 mark and you can visualize exactly what's happening. Keep in mind that "flow" is without a regulator or an anti-siphon valve in the system, it's just the "garden hose connected to the nozzle". Actual performance inside the black tank is less than what you see.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-17-2019, 03:51 PM   #24
cayovelez

John,

Both atnisiphon valves are working. Since I assume the antisiphon valve was the cultprint of my problems I went out to Tacoma RV(Keystone dealer) and purchased a replacement one anyways. I installed the new one(correctly) and still no flush it acted as if there is a blockage. That is when I empty tank flushed via toilet until clean water was coming out and the tried using air to unblocked the flush line. Both antisiphon valves are working and not stuck. However since I purchased a OEM one from dealer rather than the Camco one I left the OEM one istalled. Still blocked and I am going to try Enzymes next weekend. Thanks
cayovelez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 09:31 PM   #25
AlaskaJeff

Thanks. Great info.
AlaskaJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:35 AM   #26
goodellj

Vinegar Worked Well for Me!

I had diminished flow (as measured by a flow meter) through the black tank flush when I wintered in Arizona, which has hard water. Since I knew that I had camped in lots of places that had very hard water, I got a gallon of white vinegar and pumped a quart through the line with my Valterra P23507VP Plastic Hand Pump that I bought for winterizing. Then I waited 15 minutes and did another quart. About halfway through this I felt something 'give' and it became much easier to pump. I let it set another 15 minutes and did another quart and waited. The flow was much better after I was done. I haven't had a problem since, but I will do this again if it happens again and I will hope to get the same result.
6.7L V-8 diesel, 6-sp automatic, 3.55 axle ratio
goodellj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:06 AM   #27
flybouy
Site Team

If I were camping in extreme hard water areas I would use a "chemical injector" or garden hose soap dispenser to apply white vinegar to the tank flush system. Here's a link to what I'm talking about, don't recommend this particular [product as I've not used it, just a link so you know what I'm referencing.
https://www.amazon.com/Star-Brite-Sa...%2C159&sr=8-18
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:12 AM   #28
jjohnsonlta

My flush line didn't seem to work similar to yours on my Cougar fifth wheel. I cut the underbelly to locate the sprayer. I was going to remove it from the black tank to clean it but there was no way unless the tank was dropped to get the access. I ended up hooking the flush hose to my house water ( city pressure ) . I turned it on and left it with full pressure and within a few minutes I could hear the sprayer working again. I guess that added pressure was all it took to get it working again.
jjohnsonlta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:14 AM   #29
JohnP

I've read all the things you have tried to no avail. This may be crazy thought but maybe your handle has become disconnected to the gate valve and you are just pulling the rod but not the actual valve ?????
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:50 PM   #30
gec49

Black tank flush no flow

I have the same issue as the original poster. The flush worked fine on my 2013 21RBSWE until last year. I replaced the anti siphon valve with a fancy brass valve, making sure direction was correct. Still no flow. I opened the underbelly and located the connection to the black tank. I am not willing to disconnect the fitting because I am not confident I could get it back together with the very limited access. I will try putting white vinegar into the line and see what happens.
gec49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 03:01 PM   #31
CampNBrew2

Try more air pressure
20 psi is way less than you're putting on it with the garden hose.
I also like the vinegar trick.
2015 Honda CRF250L (Wifes)
Camping, home brewing, and dirt bikes!
CampNBrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 04:07 PM   #32
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I've read all the things you have tried to no avail. This may be crazy thought but maybe your handle has become disconnected to the gate valve and you are just pulling the rod but not the actual valve ?????
As I read it, everything from the toilet outwards works just fine -- it's the fresh water injector system (tank cleaner sprayer) that's clogged.
Old 11-21-2019, 04:19 PM   #33
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayovelez View Post
It is driving me crazy because a week ago or so I was rinsing tank with no issues, working as intended. Parked the camper for 1 week with about 1/2 tank full drove from portland to Olympia and now my rinser does not work.
I'm sitting here trying to find a way to blame this on rodents, but coming up blank.

I'm with the vinegar crowd... or even something a bit peppier down the tube, like CLR. I just can't imagine TP drying that hard in one week in the Pacific NW, but crystals... yup.
Old 11-21-2019, 05:36 PM   #34
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
I'm sitting here trying to find a way to blame this on rodents, but coming up blank.

I'm with the vinegar crowd... or even something a bit peppier down the tube, like CLR. I just can't imagine TP drying that hard in one week in the Pacific NW, but crystals... yup.
Careful with CLR. It may be OK, but might cause some issues with the seals in the slide valves. Once you've had to change the seals in a black tank valve, you learn to always, ALWAYS make sure that what goes into the black tank is good for and not going to damage the valve seals !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-21-2019, 07:02 PM   #35
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Careful with CLR. It may be OK, but might cause some issues with the seals in the slide valves. Once you've had to change the seals in a black tank valve, you learn to always, ALWAYS make sure that what goes into the black tank is good for and not going to damage the valve seals !!!!!
What are the valve seals made from? I would have thought hard plastic or rubber, which I didn't think CLR would affect.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:13 PM   #36
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
What are the valve seals made from? I would have thought hard plastic or rubber, which I didn't think CLR would affect.
I don't have any idea what YOUR slide valve seals are made of. That said, different valve manufacturers use different "rubber compounds" just like different tire manufacturers use different compounds to make their products. What is used in CAMCO valves may be different than what's used in Valterra valves and that's different than what's used in Bristol valves.

So, what "might damage one brand" could be safe to use with another. However, what's in your RV ???? 64,000 dollar question (if you've ever watched 1950's TV)…..

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-22-2019, 06:40 AM   #37
flybouy
Site Team

Had to watch Bill Cullen on I've Got a Secret" to find out.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:00 AM   #38
davidbow43

Chuckster, when you had to clean the sprayer with a pick, what was the blockage from? I was just curious if the blockage was from hard water or unfiltered water.
davidbow43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 10:33 AM   #39
cayovelez

Problem fixed

Problem Fixed!!!! Used tank Blaster enzymes and let it sit for 2 solid days. I am very happy. I used it on grey tank and it also fixed my sensors there also.

https://www.amazon.com/Thetford-9652...s%2C217&sr=8-4

Nothing else worked.

Thanks for the input you all provided.
cayovelez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 06:35 PM   #40
sponge60

Great post and info.

2018 Avalanche 301RE
2018 Chevy 3500 HD
Sandy the Pocket Beagle
sponge60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags