Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2021, 09:53 AM   #1
Iris

DVD Player

Have a 2021 Bullet Premium & I can’t get DVD movie to show on tv.
Iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 09:59 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. What kind/brand of TV, DVD player. What "source" is the dvd connected to on the TV (HDMI/Aux etc.) and are you selecting that source when you try the dvd?
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 10:14 AM   #3
Iris

It is a Furrion. I have tried every source on tv. On Furrion player I have selected DVD.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:59 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Is there a "connecting cable" between the DVD player and the television?

Typically about half the trailers wind up at dealerships with the video/audio cable (the red, white and yellow RCA patch cable) or the HDMI cable rolled up in a drawer or stuffed in the plastic envelope with the television owner's manual and the remote control....

First thing I'd check is the back of the television to see if there's a patch cable/HDMI cable going to the DVD player....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 11:09 AM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

As a further suggestion you might do what I did - completely disconnect the Furrion "stuff" and add an outboard BluRay DVD player. The Furrion unit was so cheap and problematic I did away will all of the entertainment center that had Furrion on it (including speakers and TV).
Old 09-06-2021, 11:57 AM   #6
Iris

I do have what I assumed to be a hdmi cable running from tv to wall in wall to connect to dvd. Red, white & blue cable is in bag like you said. I guess I am going to have to unscrew front of player to see what is connected. Why doesn’t dealership do this for you? I am somewhat technical but they should do this courtesy for you. We are 21/2 hrs away from dealership. Also, why doesn’t Keystone do this to begin with. Dealership didn’t show me how to play a dvd & I just thought it was all ready to go. A mistake I won’t make again!
Old 09-06-2021, 12:28 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris View Post
I do have what I assumed to be a hdmi cable running from tv to wall in wall to connect to dvd. Red, white & blue cable is in bag like you said. I guess I am going to have to unscrew front of player to see what is connected. Why doesn’t dealership do this for you? I am somewhat technical but they should do this courtesy for you. We are 21/2 hrs away from dealership. Also, why doesn’t Keystone do this to begin with. Dealership didn’t show me how to play a dvd & I just thought it was all ready to go. A mistake I won’t make again!

^^^Yep, lots of folks don't check things out and then find all sorts of things wrong/don't work. Entertainment centers are right there with them.

You do not say what your model of Bullet is but I just looked at a walk through of one. Is this your receiver?

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Stereos/...SABEgLA_PD_BwE

Best I can tell it is. If so it's like the one I disconnected - don't be surprised at what's hooked to what. To remove it you remove HALF of the front faceplate (lower half as I recall). It has 4 screws in it behind that cover. Just remove the screws and pull it out. If like mine that receiver has ONE HDMI connection and if the Furrion TV is like mine was it has ONE HDMI input as well. It all depends on what you plan to hook up but HDMI is easiest if you don't intend to connect other equipment. Looks like there is a hole under the TV that drops right into the enclosure for the receiver so whatever you use; HDMI, RCA cables etc. just run them from the back of the TV to the receiver through that hole.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:09 PM   #8
Iris

Thanks. It is at storage now but getting it on Wednesday to go a a 5 day trip. I’ll check it all out then. May have to get back to this thread.
Old 09-06-2021, 02:19 PM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks. It is at storage now but getting it on Wednesday to go a a 5 day trip. I’ll check it all out then. May have to get back to this thread.

Make sure you have at least one #2 Robertson square drive screwdrivers/drivers with you. They use those screws everywhere on the trailer. I carry several so one is always near as something always seems to be loose.
Old 09-06-2021, 02:39 PM   #10
flybouy
Site Team

Just to clarify, you're attempting to watch a standard DVD and not a Blue Ray DVD? The OEM players are not Blue Ray compatible.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 04:23 PM   #11
LHaven

Quote:
I guess I am going to have to unscrew front of player to see what is connected. Why doesn’t dealership do this for you? I am somewhat technical but they should do this courtesy for you. We are 21/2 hrs away from dealership. Also, why doesn’t Keystone do this to begin with.
It's worth your while to remove the player and study the jacks in any case. You may also find the FM antenna wire (from the roof antenna) unconnected, and your AM antenna wire coiled up and twist-tied into a non-functional ball instead of spread out to catch AM. With one extra connector wire you can often get your TV audio to play (through the Furrion) over the ceiling speakers, which I find are superior to the TV speakers (once you tighten up the mounting screws on them, otherwise they buzz like hell).

I suspect you will find that there is no video cable installed between the Furrion and your TV, or that it wasn't plugged in firmly. The Furrion uses L/R/V RCA plugs, not HDMI.
Old 09-06-2021, 04:54 PM   #12
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
It's worth your while to remove the player and study the jacks in any case. You may also find the FM antenna wire (from the roof antenna) unconnected, and your AM antenna wire coiled up and twist-tied into a non-functional ball instead of spread out to catch AM. With one extra connector wire you can often get your TV audio to play (through the Furrion) over the ceiling speakers, which I find are superior to the TV speakers (once you tighten up the mounting screws on them, otherwise they buzz like hell).

I suspect you will find that there is no video cable installed between the Furrion and your TV, or that it wasn't plugged in firmly. The Furrion uses L/R/V RCA plugs, not HDMI.

I believe the Furrion I linked to has the HDMI cable off the back you can connect your TV. The DVD is integral with the Furrion head. In lieu of the HDMI cable you can also use the RCA cables.
Old 09-06-2021, 05:27 PM   #13
LHaven

I'll have to recheck the back of mine. My manual says there is supposed to be a hardwired HDMI cord on the rear, but I sure don't remember seeing one.
Old 09-06-2021, 05:41 PM   #14
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
I'll have to recheck the back of mine. My manual says there is supposed to be a hardwired HDMI cord on the rear, but I sure don't remember seeing one.

I haven't gone back out to pop mine out again but I believe (as I was disconnecting the thing back when) I saw a short stubby cord for the HDMI. Mine's not connected to anything I use any longer but it is powered up so I can look at the little glowing lights.
Old 10-17-2021, 07:54 AM   #15
LHaven

Quote:
Memory is the second thing to go, I guess. Not only is there an HDMI stub cable on the back of mine, but it's already connected to the TV! I took the opportunity to satisfy my curiosity about this open question when I went out last week to swap out the inCommand DCM and had tools in hand. Have to limit trips out of doors (literally) until my foot heals, so I get out to the rig very seldom.
Old 10-21-2021, 12:57 PM   #16
quaddriver
Gone Traveling

i have a later model 2021 (like built in august later) and the Furian TV was swapped out by the OEM.

The Furian amfm DVD CD sat player was using RCA jacks (video, L R) to the TV but for the life of me, the sound ONLY came from the Furian zone du jour. I have mods coming up to this player as it is a great source of battery drain. In the meantime, I got a Blue ray/red ray LG DVD player from walmart and used HDMI to talk between the two. Now the tv audio comes from the TV, the roof stuff was too hard to hear, too disjointed etc, It aint HT...

The HDMI jack on the front of the Furian DVD thing is input only....like yeah, you would really do that....I pulled a number of wiring diagrams for Furian players and do not see one with HDMI out. I have not ripped mine from the installation just yet.

The key tv and rooftop RF amp is ALSO a great source of power drain...so Im working on a solution for that as well. An adapter from coax to car stereo antenna in is not a bad idea, FM broadcasts are in the same general freq range as HD/LD tv so that amp could help out in the woods.
quaddriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 01:46 PM   #17
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaddriver View Post
Now the tv audio comes from the TV, the roof stuff was too hard to hear, too disjointed etc, It aint HT...
Keystone likes to screw the speakers straight into the ceiling board. Well, the ceiling board isn't up to that. After every few days of traveling, I found myself having to screw the speakers back to the ceiling, because they were hanging free most of an inch.

I finally took both speakers off, plugged in the audio wires firmly (they were barely attached, leading one speaker to cut out randomly); then I installed clip nuts around the screw holes and re-mounted everything. Wow, what a difference. Now they are way better than the TV speakers, and it cost me nothing.