Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2021, 03:44 PM   #1
tarebear4kb

Arm extension for TV in living space

Hi! I’d like to add an arm extension to the tv in the living area so that we can watch TV in bed instead of installing a 3rd TV in our 3400QD. Has anyone tried this? I’m nervous to replace the whole mechanism since many things don’t quite go back into the original holes again.
Fingers crossed someone else has done this!

Also if the designers ever read these posts, please keep this in mind, a longer arm would be a much better option than adding a 3rd TV in such a small space!
tarebear4kb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 05:06 PM   #2
CedarCreekWoody

Sorry, I can't help with a specific recommendation. But I will caution you to be certain you attach the bracket solidly to the wall and be certain the tv is retracted and secured while traveling. The leverage of an extension arm puts a huge load on the mounting attachment.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 01:01 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

The Keystone"design team" to my knowledge doesn't "surf this site", neither does anyone else that represents the Keystone Company". The disclaimer to that effect can be found at the bottom of every page.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 09:43 AM   #4
mike95776

We installed a 20 inch TV on a swing extension arm and it works well. I wrap a Velcro strap around the arm and TV when traveling... like others have said make sure you tie into something solid...here's a link to the one we got. Mounting Dream Full Motion Monitor Wall Mount TV Bracket for 10-26 Inch LED, LCD Flat Screen TV and Monitor, TV Mount with Swivel Articulating Arm, Mo
mike95776 is offline   Reply With Quote