Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #1
skifreak76

Angry very frustrating

we ordered a new sprinter 311 bhs in early march from flagg rv in west bolyston ma. they told us it would be delevired april 8th. So the 8th came and no new rv so then they said the 11th nope, 18th nope, 21st nothing then thay called it could be 2weeks or longer!!! only to find out its out of keystone facility and is just sitting in a lot with over 300 other new keystone rv's. So the problem is that the shipping company can not keep up with the number of rv's needed to go out. so after yelling at our sales person and her boss threatning to cancel our order we received a call from keystone!! they give us the problem is the economy?? they laid off most of the drivers and are now overwhelmed, we told them that not our problem because we were told we would get our trailer April 8th now more than a month later. so after a lenghty call he assured us the trailer would be delivered by April 30th no later. so lets see if it does. so thats my rant. thanks for listning
skifreak76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
jq1031

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skifreak76 View Post
we ordered a new sprinter 311 bhs in early march from flagg rv in west bolyston ma. they told us it would be delevired april 8th. So the 8th came and no new rv so then they said the 11th nope, 18th nope, 21st nothing then thay called it could be 2weeks or longer!!! only to find out its out of keystone facility and is just sitting in a lot with over 300 other new keystone rv's. So the problem is that the shipping company can not keep up with the number of rv's needed to go out. so after yelling at our sales person and her boss threatning to cancel our order we received a call from keystone!! they give us the problem is the economy?? they laid off most of the drivers and are now overwhelmed, we told them that not our problem because we were told we would get our trailer April 8th now more than a month later. so after a lenghty call he assured us the trailer would be delivered by April 30th no later. so lets see if it does. so thats my rant. thanks for listning
I just got back from Goshen, Indiana a couple of weeks ago where I took delivery of my new Laredo TT. I elected to pick it up myself & save the $1600.00 transport fee to Florida. Now while there I was amazed to see all the independent transport companies ready & willing to deliver any TT or 5er to any place. I also learned that Keystone does not release any product untill it's paid for by the dealer, usually through the dealers floorplan already established. That being said, and your Trailer sitting around for a month does not make sence because for that month your dealer is paying interest to the bank on a sold product & that's the last thing in the world any dealer wants to do!! I have a strong feeling that you have not been told the whole truth.
JOE
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:14 PM   #3
skifreak76

yea we have a feeling that keystone may of gave our trailer to someone else or that our dealer lied and our trailer was never finished when they said it was. we are not too fond of flagg rv, come to find out they do not have that good of an reputation. wish i knew that a month ago since there are a few sprinter dealers within an hour drive!
skifreak76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
jq1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by skifreak76 View Post
yea we have a feeling that keystone may of gave our trailer to someone else or that our dealer lied and our trailer was never finished when they said it was. we are not too fond of flagg rv, come to find out they do not have that good of an reputation. wish i knew that a month ago since there are a few sprinter dealers within an hour drive!
I also learned that trailers ordered for a customer are taged with your name & the dealer name! Keystone has a smooth operation & makes few mistakes regarding custom orders & delivery time. Our Trailer was scheduled to come off line on February 23 & it did. It was picked up at the factory the next day by D&T RV Transport in Goshen & held untill we arrived a month later. At that time they did the PDI (pre delivery Inspection), or walk through, did a few adjustments & on our way. This was all arranged by our dealer Lazydays RV in FL. The problem seems to be like you said with Flagg RV. Good LucK>>>JOE
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
Bob Landry

The economy must not be that bad if they are building trailers fast enough to get backed up. Maybe they need to rehire some of those drivers. I would hold the dealer's feet to the fire on delivery. You sign a contract and it's up to them to make it good.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote