Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
bennydog

Outside LP quick connect

Well, in our new 2010 cougar 24RKS we have the "outside LP quick connect".
Can anyone tell me what LP connector and where to get it that works with this? I've got a handful of quick disconnects that I have collected over the years and of course none of them are the correct one. There is no mention of this in the stack of papers that came with the trailer.

Thanks

Bob
bennydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
placergoldman

Bob,
Not sure if you have a Camping World by you,but I think they have the right fitting..If not,they have both m/f fittings and you would just replace the one f/fitting..
Tim
placergoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:30 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Further to what Tim mentioned, check out p52 of the Camping World Catalog or go online to their website. They have a few propane accessories including Quick Connect Assembly Accessories. I am thinking that it would have to be a fairly standard fitting which CW would have in stock. You might give them a call or drop into an RV Supply Store if there is one close by. Keep us posted as to how you make out.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:20 PM   #4
Flyguy

Don't know if you have the same arrangement as the Passport series, I have a slide-out stove under the awning and it plugs into an LP outlet under the trailer by the stove, it has a shutoff lever on the outlet which moves 1/4 turn from off to on, this outlet is rigged with a quick disconnect. I have found a webpage that sells gas quick-connects that I think might be the answer to your question, Don't know if this helps you, but here's the webpage with all kinds of connectors, see if any of these help: http://www.gashosesandregulators.com...surehoses.html and this one: http://www.barbecuegrillsandmore.com...=FR248-CCH1121
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #5
bennydog

I still have not located the proper fitting. Having said that I'm not certain I'll continue looking. My thought was to hoot up my Weber portable gas grill to the trailer. I think there may be an issue with the gas at the trailer fitting having already be "regulated" to 11" (water column"), pressure that would require me to remove the regulator from the grill which would mean I could only use it with the trailer. Or have a second hose. I think I'll stick to using the 5 lb refillable bottle I use for the grill now and be done with it. Thanks for all the thoughts.

Bob
bennydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:42 AM   #6
Flyguy

You’re correct! at that LP feed point the pressure is already regulated down to 11" on the water column (0.48psi) and most appliances that use an LP bottle have their regulator and controls built into it, so a better alternative would be to get an adapter hose assembly to use the grill or whatever directly from one of the LP bottles on the trailer. Thank you for bringing that to light.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:47 AM   #7
Cable McMan

quick connect

Camping world on line

http://www.campingworld.com/category/rv-propane/14
Cable McMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:51 PM   #8
rbrumfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennydog View Post
Well, in our new 2010 cougar 24RKS we have the "outside LP quick connect".
Can anyone tell me what LP connector and where to get it that works with this? I've got a handful of quick disconnects that I have collected over the years and of course none of them are the correct one. There is no mention of this in the stack of papers that came with the trailer.

Thanks

Bob
I found an adapter for my Copper Canyon online at http://propaneproducts.com . I ordered a RV-Plug RV Quick Connect Plug Low Pressure for $8.95 plus S&H. You need to make sure that your unit's quick connect is AFTER the regulator if you go this route. This adapter does not have a hose and I found a 15' hose at Tractor Supply. Just today I took my gas grill to a propane supplier and had the hose between the grill and the built in regulator separated and 1/4" pipe /gas line barbs installed ($7.00). I then installed the 15' hose on the part of the grill hose that I had cut and the adapters crimped on to the end. You can just make the connection permanent but I added a quick connect to the 15' hose so I could take that hose off and store it without having to wrap it around the grill. I also had an 1/4" pipe /gas line barbs installed on the other part of the hose with the regulator so I could always put it back to be used with my portable tank if I so desired. The guy at the propane supplier did this and the cost was a part of the $7.00 I mentioned earlier.
rbrumfield is offline   Reply With Quote