Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
wozzukes

Interior room doors?

Hi all,

We just picked up our 2011 Springdale 284FWBHSSR a couple weeks ago and are getting ready for our first trip in 2 weeks (can't wait!). I have come to find that I really hate the cheap accordion door that closes off the bathroom/bedroom area from the rest of the camper, and we haven't even camped in it yet! I would like to mod this and put a regular door there, basically the same type of door that is on the toilet area. Does anyone know where you can pick up a door like this? I've looked at a bunch of parts places online and all I can find are exterior doors, not these interior ones. I guess we could just pick one up at a home improvement store and alter it to fit, but it would be nice if we could find one to match the other door. Is this something that dealers can get?

Thanks in advance for the help and I look forward to trying some of the other mods on this site (maybe once it is out of warranty, haha!)!
wozzukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
cdevill

look at the floorplan of a 296BHSSR, our has a pocket type door for the front bedroom. I love it. wish the back bedroom had the same so that the slide wouldn't block the door when the slide was in.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
wozzukes

Thanks for your response. I thought about the sliding pocket-type door, however I'm not sure it would work well for us. The door would have to slide on the other side of the wall facing the living area, and we have already mounted hooks on that wall to hang coats and stuff on. I'd like a door that swings toward the shower, if that makes any sense. Even if we were to go with a pocket door, any ideas on where to pick one up? The door itself is basically the same aside from one going on a track and one being on hinges with a knob.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
cdevill

Ours does slide along the bedroom side of the wall. I do alot of woodworking and I would probably try to build a custom sized door. just using 2x2's cut down to the size i needed and then laminate the veneer or whatever subtrate to it. all the doors are hollow anyway so I don't think that would be too hard.