Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
ripperoo

What is weight limit on ceiling TV mount in bedroom?

Hi all,

I have a 2011 Sprinter Select 29BH. In the bedroom there's a TV bracket mounted to the ceiling. I have not been able to find a label or mention in the manual as to what the weight limit is. I'd like to take the 19" TV that came with the trailer and put it up there, and put a bigger one in the living room.

Anyone know the weight limit, or where I can find it? I can call Keystone if I have to. Just thought someone might know off the top of their head.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 02-22-2011, 07:11 AM   #2
Bob Landry

I would call Keystone on that one. I'm betting your ceiling is little more than some 1/8" luan plywood with a covering on it.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
bennydog

This should get a good conversation going. If you can walk on the roof can you also hang from the rafters? I've been thinking about moving the screen to a ceiling mount. I believe that the way I would tackle it is to mount a sheet of plywood in the area that I want the TV that would span at least 3 roof trusses and be square so that the weight of the TV is spread out over a larger area. I would not rely on just the ceiling material as it is only 1/4" thick and even if you hit one truss I'm not sure how well it would hold up. I did see an interior shot of a new trailer (I'll have to go back and see if I can figure out which one) that did have the TV mounted in the ceiling. the TV was in a low sided box mounted upside down so you did not see all the wires etc when it was pushed up out of the way.

2010 Cougar 24RKS
2012 Dodge RAM 2500
6.7 Turbo
bennydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
ripperoo

Well, I decided to play it safe and called Keystone. The C.S. guy Bruce, said that the bedroom ceiling mount can take up to a 22" TV, so the 19" that came in the living room entertainment center will be just fine up there. He also said that the wall mount in the living room entertainment center can take up to a 36" TV, or 100#.

I guess the ceiling mount in the BR must have a cross brace spanning a couple of trusses under the luan.

Thanks for your replies.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #5
jq1031

Interesting, my new Laredo also has TV hook up's in the bedroom ceiling & I presumed it was for a wall mount, going up to connect, made since if you think about it, mount the 19 or 20in TV & connect it above, after all the ceiling is not that high! CONFUSED!!
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:34 AM   #6
ripperoo

jq1031, the ceiling mount on mine, as I'm sure others, is a drop down mount. When not using, the mount folds up "flush" against the ceiling. It does not hang down all the time (unless of course you leave it down.)