Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
cjthedj

Roof Bubbling

While trying to clear off the snow and ice on the roof of the trailer today I noticed a number of areas towards the front and back part of the trailer that appear to be bubbling. IS THIS NORMAL or is it just because its cold outside? I dont know much about rubber roofs.. Here is a link to the photos..They dont really show the bubbling but it gives u an idea. There are also a number of dark spots all over the roof and trailer..Those u can see plainly on the photos. Are those just dirt? Im finding them all over the trailer..

http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j253/xtrememx/Roof/
cjthedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
Flyguy

Rubber Roof

I have bluish spots on my rubber roof also. We just purchased the trailer used and I haven't had a chance to clean the roof. It won't bother me if they don't come out after cleaning just as long as it's watertight. The bubbles shouldn't be there; this usually means that the roof material might have separated from the underlayment. It could be because of the cold weather but if you've been cleaning it with the wrong cleaner it could have caused it to separate in those spots. For a look at what's needed to clean a rubber roof see these articles from my homepage: http://eaa1358.com/Passport/Rubber%2...0Maintainance/
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
SLIMSHADIE

i wouldnt worry about it unless it leaks.
A buddy had a leak and peeled the rubber back a little, trying to fix. There was saw dust in between the roof and rubber, know wonder it didn't stick well
His leak wasn't from that though, it just explains some of the bubbles.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
cjthedj

No I havent cleaned it before..I did notice in the bathroom there are several brown streaks of something coming down the walls. It cleans up easy enough..I did take some sealer thinking that maybe moister was leaking from the outside corners of the roof. It might not be that though.
cjthedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:33 AM   #5
rjsurfer

Since I purchased my Cougar in early 08 I have been keeping an eye on a few small "bubbles" on the roof. The largest area is maybe a few square inches, most are located were the roof panels come together and are slightly mis-aligned.

They are not getting any bigger and sometimes they actually shrink a bit in the heat of summer. I'm assuming the rubber fabric has an easier time laying flat in the heat.

Not worried.

It sure looks like the glue just isn't holding it down.....

Ron W.
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote