Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
bennydog

Water water everywhere

Well not quite....When we made camp last Monday and I hooked everything up (we were in a full service state park) I failed to install the pressure regulator between the host bib and the trailer. My wife when into the trailer about 10 minutes after I had turned on the water and said that the carpet around the bed was "really wet"!! Before going into the trailer to investigate the "wet" I went around and turned off the water. Seem the source of the leak was the flush valve on the toilet. It appears to have not been able to handle the unregulated water pressure. Having discovered that the pressure regulator was missing I went digging in the parts box, found and installed it. Turned the water back on and never saw another drop of water inside for the rest of the week. I did take the precaution of turning the water off on the couple of days that we were away from camp all day. Note to self (and anyone one else)...install pressure regulator before turning on water.

2010 Cougar 24RKS
2012 Dodge RAM 2500
6.7 Turbo
bennydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
witekjm

Water water everywhere

Bennydog,
I keep my water regulator in a large plastic jar (the kind found at Costco for pretzels) in the front storage compartment. When camping, I unload the jar and all my plumbing gear is there and I don't forget the water regulator. -JW
Old 02-12-2011, 08:01 AM   #3
Umpie007

I just leave mine on the hose and forget about it.

2006 Chevy Duramax 2500HD, PPE Power Programmer, Pyrometer and Boost Guages, Custom Exhaust with LB7 Downpipe, EGR Block, PCV Reroute, Transgo-Jr Allison Transmission Kit, Cold Air Mod to Factory Air Box, Firestone Ride-Rite Airbags, Prodigy Brake Controller, B&W Turnover Ball with B&W Companion Hitch
Umpie007 is offline   Reply With Quote