Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
MackDaddy

Question about Ladder install

My Laredo didn't come with a ladder. Just wondering how difficult it would be to install one, not knowing where the stud walls are. Any idea's. Has anyone done this mod?
Thanks

2005 Ford F250 Lariat CC 6.0 PSD
2010 32' Keystone Laredo 303TG
MackDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
Onelick

Mack,
We have a cougar xlite 27sab, and we asked the dealer the same question. After a call to Keystone, he said that Keystone doesn't add the blocking in the walls to support the ladder on the lightweight models. If we added one it would void the warranty.
Hope this helps,
Onelick
Onelick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
SLIMSHADIE

I looked into the same thing and got the same response. Haven't yet but looking inoto one of those telescoping ladders that go from 2'-12'.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
Seann
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMSHADIE View Post
I looked into the same thing and got the same response. Haven't yet but looking inoto one of those telescoping ladders that go from 2'-12'.
They are GREAT just do not leave them outside in the rain.....
Seann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:11 AM   #5
Flyguy

I carry one of those Little Giant folding ladders in the pick-up bed (along with the generator) and it works for me, the TV has a lockable lid on the bed.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:13 PM   #6
DFreiberger

I bought a four way fold up for my TT. It is 3ft to 12 ft with a three hundred pund rating. I bought it at Lowes for 89.00 Works great for cleaning slides, and getting on top. I fold it up and store it under the bed. I, like many asked why I did not have a ladder on my TT and the dealer advised me it was not recommended to add one because the structure was not designed to install one. They need to come from the manufacture with it installed.
DFreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
jambull

yes ,we have a bullet 278 RLS lightweight and we looking into a bunch of mods for ours,a ladder install being one of them. the dealer said no way nothing to drill into that was solid enough to support any weight , so my dream of throwing myself off my roof on a nice summer day was crushed.... so a few weeks ago I purchased a 4 in one ladder from a place called Costco here in Canada..turns into a 8 1/2 foot step ladder, a 17 foot slide ladder , a ladder to conform to stairs and is able to make 2 - 4 and a1/4 high sawhorses..it take down enough for me to side it in the front basement compartment .it was on sale up here for like 70 dollars.might be your safest and easiest way to get on your roof .
Old 10-17-2010, 07:03 PM   #8
Camp

We ordered a 2011 Hornet. We were going to add a ladder for another 175.00 then changed our mind. These units have ladder supports built in. The only thing is you need a ladder for more than getting on roof or sweeping off the slide. A loose ladder has more function.
Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:21 AM   #9
tocools

We had a ladder thrown in when we bought or 2010 hideout so I hope to have it installed this week
Old 02-15-2011, 06:50 AM   #10
Bob Landry

I called Keystone to ask about putting a ladder on the 10th Anniv Outback I ordered. I didn't get past the girl who answers the phone and also doubles as a customer support(???) person. Her canned response was that if the trailer doesn't come with a ladder installed, then they don't recommend adding one. Interesting since the 10th Anniv. brochure specifically states that this particular trailer is braced for a ladder, but I wasn't going to waste time arguing with her. I guess my main concern is that if I ever have to call Keystone with a real problem, how do I get past their call screener. I called my dealer and they are 'checking on it" for me. All said, the folding ladder seems like a more viable option since along with letting me on the roof to put the AC cover on, it would also let me get to the tops of the slide-outs for cleaning. I really have no problem with that. It just grates me that someone just wants to get me off the phone and move to the next call(or break). I guess that Keystone really is not much different from any other manufacturing company in that their design, production, and customer support people do not seem to share much in the way of information.

I wonder if Keystone monitors this forum in any way to keep up on the general pulse of their business. Probably not, but if I ran a company of this magnitude, I would certainly want to know what my customers thought and how I could keep them from going to the competitors.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote