Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
bowengjr

Satelite for 300mp

I have a raptor toy hauler. We are looking into a satelite system for our 5er any suggestions? We have been looking but there are lots to choose from! Not to worried about the cost we just want a good system that works!

Thanks for all the info!

George Bowen
2010 Raptor 300mp
2006 Ford F-250 Diesel
bowengjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:20 PM   #2
MightyMike
Permanent User Ban

Not sure about other Raptor models, but mine (08 3602RL) came with a VU Cube. Supposed to work on either DISH network or DirecTV. Only ever tried it twice, then we got rid of the satellite at home. You can also get portable dishes, but you need a subscription and a box for whatever service you want to use.
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:52 AM   #3
Jim W

We went the low cost way for a satellite system. I purchased the Winegard portable Satellite receiver from our RV Dealer for around $175. Camping world has them on sale now for less then $170. We had to purchase a Dish box for the system also.
We then had to install satellite wiring into the camper since the internal wiring would not work with the satellite receiver.
We have had very good reception with the system, but it is not a dish 500 system. This means you only can receive one satellite signal. We choose to receive satellite 119 signal from dish, more channels on this one satellite instead on 110.
I did see an ad for Direct TV in May that offered, for new customers only a free RV system. But since I have Dish and just recently upgraded my system from them free of charge, I was locked into Dish for another year. We could not go with the Direct TV offer. You might want to check out Direct TV to see if this is still available.
Jim
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:03 AM   #4
floydsheating

Wink not quite...

i have dish network at home but i wouldn't put it in my trailer most campgrounds have cable and at the ones that don't i just watch what i can off of the antenna!

2010 Summerland 2520 RD
2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ
floydsheating is offline   Reply With Quote