Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
Jim W

OK another thread on Satellite installation

Hi, I have a 2010 Cougar 318SAB and I was trying to hook up the satellite dish and receiver today. Per the markings on the inside Baggage (driver side) there is a connector that is labeled Satellite hook-up. Per the Owners manual not much information, the book said not to press the TV booster button, Sat will work. OK so far. Then I hooked up the cable from the LR TV and connected this to the receiver, this is the RG6 cable. I then installed the RG59 cable to the receiver and then to the TV, just like home. No satellite signal nor could the receiver lock on to the signal.
I then got out the satellite signal meter hook this up in line by passing the 5er connections. Placed the satellite dish cable through a window and connect the receiver to this. Guess what it works? I then reattached everything and no signal what so ever.
OK, now what any suggestions? I am calling the dealer on Thursday and will talk to the service departments but just want to know if I did anything incorrectly?
Thanks
Jim
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:02 PM   #2
Bulldog80

Jim,
I've dealt with this several times and I've never been able to pass a satelite signal through the amplified splitter. Didn't matter if the power to the amplifier was on or off. I've always just put a splitter in-line before amplifier and one line dedicated to the sat receiver and the other line to the amplified input. Hope this helps

Sprinter 301RMP
2007 Dodge- CUMMINS Powered
Bulldog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:52 AM   #3
bobandvicki

Jim - have same rig and problem - this what I have found and done through trial and error - that sat hook up on the drivers side only works in a campground that offers cable and I can only get it to work in the bedroom - as far as my satellite dish 500 I drilled a hole about 8 inches to the left on the living room window and 3 inches up from the desk top and run my satellite cable through it and hook up directly to my receiver - Lowes sells the cover plate to make it look nice - can't get the br tv to do much of anything unless it is hooked to cable on the drivers side - spoke to several techs and none could explain to me what to do - not sure they even knew what all those cables in the living room are for - that is the only problem I have had and I just work around it - had our rig since last april and love it
Old 06-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #4
therink

Wink

On my 2010 outback 329fbh, sat prep conn is wired directly to the grey RG6 coax coming out of the wall at the liv rm ent center. Plug this to sat in connection on sat receiver, point dish and voila.
Also did mod to trailer coax in wall behind the RV antenna amp and to run sat feed to 2nd receiver in front bedroom. This uses the second cable connection on the outside of the trailer. Now on rainy days, we can toss the kids into their bedroom, shut the door and send them into a Tv coma.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:42 PM   #5
jerry

sat connection

I could not get sat signal through the amp on 278 bullet.
It will work if you put the reciever in line before the amp. simple outside connection to the reciever input --reciever output to the amp. Leave amp off to watch sat. I works for me and worked on our coachmen captiva
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote